Are We Ready For The Football, Part I

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Discuss amongst yourselves! Possible topics might be who the next NFL start to get arrested might be. Or what team will absolutely make the Super Bowl. Or your favorite College team. (here in NC that alone could cause WWIII) Or why they call it Football when the ball hardly ever is near a foot. The list can go on and on, so make your own, go crazy if you like. Or why is "Stewie" Griffins head shaped like a football. That's what this thread is all about.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
He's salty because a few people talked about football in Spirit's thread so he started a thread for football talk to keep it out of there.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
He's salty because a few people talked about football in Spirit's thread so he started a thread for football talk to keep it out of there.
I wouldn't so much call it "salty" (not sure what that means exactly), but I am trying to follow a shaky at best, thread and all of a sudden every other post has something to do with football. More annoyed, (unless that's what salty means) then angry. Personally I think that that particular thread outlived its usefulness a long long time ago. Even some of the most ardent defendant of WDW1974's thread have taken it way off course, and that includes "74" himself. The reason is because it has no real reason for being. No information of use had been given out and by now now one really remembers what it was supposed to be anyway. Spirit actually said that if he had more information he would start another thread, so maybe the old one should be put away for whatever time it takes to get useful again.

I am also aware that there is a football thread on Chit Chat. I am also aware that it is being ignored. So why not put it here were people will see it and hopefully use it. It was mostly a joke with a purpose anyway, so what's the big whup.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
Go make your point in Chit Chat, because most of us aren't in 74's thread and have no idea what you're going on about.
Ah...OK. Guess you're not reading the thread then! Let me explain. The thread I am referring to is in Disney World Rumors and news. Not anymore appropriate there then having this one.

Right now that thread has just become a contest to see if it beats out Eddie Sotto's thread. Even if it does it will end up being a meaningless thread because Eddie's at least has seemed to stay with a Disney/Universal theme. This one anything but that. Will I stay awake nights worrying about that? I doubt it, but a little bit smaller discussion might be more worth the effort to participate.

And like any other thread on this board. Once people stop posting on this thread, it will disappear into the land of deserted words and thoughts. And I will not need anti-depressants to pull me out of it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I wouldn't so much call it "salty" (not sure what that means exactly), but I am trying to follow a shaky at best, thread and all of a sudden every other post has something to do with football. More annoyed, (unless that's what salty means) then angry. Personally I think that that particular thread outlived its usefulness a long long time ago. Even some of the most ardent defendant of WDW1974's thread have taken it way off course, and that includes "74" himself. The reason is because it has no real reason for being. No information of use had been given out and by now now one really remembers what it was supposed to be anyway. Spirit actually said that if he had more information he would start another thread, so maybe the old one should be put away for whatever time it takes to get useful again.

I am also aware that there is a football thread on Chit Chat. I am also aware that it is being ignored. So why not put it here were people will see it and hopefully use it. It was mostly a joke with a purpose anyway, so what's the big whup.

From Urban Dictionary:
Salty: to be mad, angry, agitated, upset.

I don't know why you continue to try to follow or post in a thread that you think has outlived its usefulness, but that's your perogative. This thread won't be here much longer, but at least you learned a new word:):):)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ah...OK. Guess you're not reading the thread then! Let me explain. The thread I am referring to is in Disney World Rumors and news. Not anymore appropriate there then having this one.

Right now that thread has just become a contest to see if it beats out Eddie Sotto's thread. Even if it does it will end up being a meaningless thread because Eddie's at least has seemed to stay with a Disney/Universal theme. This one anything but that. Will I stay awake nights worrying about that? I doubt it, but a little bit smaller discussion might be more worth the effort to participate.

And like any other thread on this board. Once people stop posting on this thread, it will disappear into the land of deserted words and thoughts. And I will not need anti-depressants to pull me out of it.

74's thread is at least primarily about Disney and he does occasional post rumors in it, so it's much more appropriate then this tread which clearly belongs in Chit-Chat.

Personally I have no interest in Football unless the Eagles are winning, thus I almost never have interest in football.

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
From Urban Dictionary:
Salty: to be mad, angry, agitated, upset.

I don't know why you continue to try to follow or post in a thread that you think has outlived its usefulness, but that's your perogative. This thread won't be here much longer, but at least you learned a new word:):):)
Sure, but I said I was annoyed, which technically is none of the above.:happy: I follow it because I keep hoping for something to make it all worthwhile...but so far, nothing. So it is more annoying to go through all that football stuff to still find nothing worth looking at.:grumpy: Did I mention I am not a football fan? :bored:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sure, but I said I was annoyed, which technically is none of the above.:happy: I follow it because I keep hoping for something to make it all worthwhile...but so far, nothing. So it is more annoying to go through all that football stuff to still find nothing worth looking at.:grumpy: Did I mention I am not a football fan? :bored:

You didn't mention that you are not a football fan until after the posts about football were made. I'm sure if you informed the posters in that thread before that they would have refrained from talk about football:).

nytimez

So there are two threads that are meaningless and don't belong here - one you regularly post in, and one you started.

Is that about right?

Y'know, there's a much easier way to solve that problem...

Goofyernmost

Original Poster
I have an idea...just stop posting on it and it will disappear. I just put it here to show how out of place all the football talk was. I also will not post on here if you folks don't respond. Lighten the hell up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom