Are we going to see the same nighttime shows again when they come back?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
When it’s safe to bring back nighttime shows it makes me wonder if there coming back as they were when the parks closed or if there going to be modified or something else. This is a good transition time and where headed for the 50th.

thomas998

When it’s safe to bring back nighttime shows it makes me wonder if there coming back as they were when the parks closed or if there going to be modified or something else. This is a good transition time and where headed for the 50th.
No. The information posted in the Orlando newspaper stated that along with all guest being required to wear masks all the time and Disney checking your temps upon arrival, that there would be no parades or fireworks until a later date... So basically don't expect any parades or fireworks until there is a vaccine or the world stops going mad over the virus.

Just pray that the crowds suck when they reopen so they will realize that they need the parades and shows to draw people in otherwise they may never return if people show up and keep showing up without them.

Mainahman

Why can't they do Fantasmic and Rivers of Light but parties are at least three seats apart from each other?
I thought the same thing. Could mention Epcot Forever as well. This is why i think its deeper than just the Virus. Could be supply chain and cost of fireworks issues as well.

JIMINYCR

Why can't they do Fantasmic and Rivers of Light but parties are at least three seats apart from each other?

The Fantasmic stadium would be ideal. Theres so much available space to spread people out. And it will be nice not to hear the CM's yelling.... Slide all the way in, fill in every available space. Move all the way in, so theres more room for everyone. We can get more into this row, move over as tight as you can go. ;););)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m wondering if Epcot will be first to come back since the crowd is more spread out during nighttime shows
You still get crowds of unassociated people stood next to each other. Virtually touching. Two or three people deep.

In effect it’s the same as a crowd in the hub - just spread in a ring.

wdrive

There’ll be many reasons, are the dressing rooms/costuming big enough for the entire cast and crew to safely social distance, does Disney think performing Fantasmic to 1/3 crowds at best is worth the money? How do you exit the theater safely when thousands of people are all trying to leave at once? Are the tech booths big enough to socially distance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom