Are we going to be immersed as citizens of Main Street?

Sailor310

Original Poster
I just got a Disney Destinations email for Magic Key hol-ders. It says:

STEP THREE, make a Park reservation right on the Disneyland® App and get ready to become a Pixar Pier local, a citizen of Batuu or a townsperson on Main Street, U.S.A.

Does this mean that CMs in shops on Main Street are going to have backstories now?, that they're not going to be able to answer any questions about anything that someone from 1920's small town Missouri wouldn't know? Are we supposed to pretend that we're townspeople of Main Street? Can we still use credit cards? ;)

Sailor310

Original Poster
Ho ho good sir, what is this card of credit you speak of???

I'll never forget chiming in with 'Bright suns!' to a cm at the restaurant in Batuu and receiving a looong overdrawn sigh as a response. So immersive!!!!!
I asked if I could use off-world credits as I bought my blue milk the other day. It didn't dawn on me that they might be really sick of it after all this time.:oops:

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Hello! Or, as we say here in Pixar Pier… um…

As a regular around these parts, I can’t wait to fill you in on all of the fun stuff I get up to everyday! For example —

I bet you find my outfit pretty wacky, huh? That’s because, like everyone on Pixar Pier, I dress like —

And that’s because I’m from the year —

And I live in the faaaaar away geographic location known as —

Welp, that about does it! Goodbye! Adventure is Out There!

Sailor310

Original Poster
Hello! Or, as we say here in Pixar Pier… um…

As a regular around these parts, I can’t wait to fill you in on all of the fun stuff I get up to everyday! For example —

I bet you find my outfit pretty wacky, huh? That’s because, like everyone on Pixar Pier, I dress like —

And that’s because I’m from the year —

And I live in the faaaaar away geographic location known as —

Welp, that about does it! Goodbye! Adventure is Out There!
Is it supposed to be The Pike in Long Beach or Santa Cruz in the 50's? 70's?

SuddenStorm

Yesterday I spent a ton of time in Galaxy's Edge because it was a hit with a few of my younger cousins- and I was surprised at how many CM's were doing the "Bright Suns" or "that will be 100 credits" schtick.

My cousin did the Savi's workshop lightsaber thing. It's a $240 experience. The waiting area is hot and miserable- there's no shade and no drinking fountain nearby. But also, the CM's looked miserable. No amount of pay or free Disneyland will make up for having to stand in the sun when the area could easily be shaded.

It's like Disney focuses on all the wrong aspects of 'show'- they don't do something as simple as keep people waiting for a $240/person limited capacity experience comfortable but they think having the CM's mention 'three suns' when asked about shade and the heat is good 'show'. I mean seriously- myself and everyone else was miserable waiting for that dang build your own lightsaber thing. It was not a great way to start the experience. They talk about immersion but will paint hand rails and Main Street during operating hours.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Does it cost 240 now? Was 199 in 2019. Thats a huge jump.

They really mean it when they say “bright suns”. Cars Land also has zero shade.
All shade must be abolished in DLR and WDW. It is an edict from the Bob's. They just removed some large trees from Liberty Square at WDW. If you want to cool off, go in a shop and buy something while you enjoy the AC.

TP2000

I am a director on Hollywoodland Backlot. Not sure why CMs get mad when I give them orders.

Probably because they're afraid they'll end up on your casting couch.

DLzH0BSU8AAsFfG.jpg

TP2000

I just got a Disney Destinations email for Magic Key hol-ders. It says:

STEP THREE, make a Park reservation right on the Disneyland® App and get ready to become a Pixar Pier local, a citizen of Batuu or a townsperson on Main Street, U.S.A.

Does this mean that CMs in shops on Main Street are going to have backstories now?, that they're not going to be able to answer any questions about anything that someone from 1920's small town Missouri wouldn't know? Are we supposed to pretend that we're townspeople of Main Street? Can we still use credit cards? ;)

Oh, no. Just when I thought they'd learned their lesson in 2019 in Star Wars Land.

Since when are we supposed to be living on Main Street USA, versus just visiting this quaint setting as we stroll down the street?

These people don't get it. They are just throwing free words out there thinking this is what the park was designed to do. It wasn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom