Are we getting to a point in time where rides/attractions will be routinely updated?

DManRightHere

Original Poster
The technology of newer rides seem much easier to make updates. I am speaking of the digital aspects. Changing video scenes and attraction vehicle movements.

The scene updates for Star Tours took me by surprise and Disney did not seem to make a big fuss over it.

I am wondering if theme parks are thinking of routinely changing certain aspects of their rides every few years. Not complete overhauls, just one big scene. I could see this being done for the escape from gringotts, Toy Story Mania, and Soarin (about time for soarin!).

Was this routinely done in the past? The only other ride I can think of is Pirates that they kind of routinely adding to the ride.

mimitchi33

The technology of newer rides seem much easier to make updates. I am speaking of the digital aspects. Changing video scenes and attraction vehicle movements.

The scene updates for Star Tours took me by surprise and Disney did not seem to make a big fuss over it.

I am wondering if theme parks are thinking of routinely changing certain aspects of their rides every few years. Not complete overhauls, just one big scene. I could see this being done for the escape from gringotts, Toy Story Mania, and Soarin (about time for soarin!).

Was this routinely done in the past? The only other ride I can think of is Pirates that they kind of routinely adding to the ride.
The only ones I know of are the now-closed Timekeeper in Magic Kingdom and the Carousel of Progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom