Pre-Trip Are We Ever Going to Stop Adding Days?? A Summer 2019 Pre Trip Report

Summer Trip 2019

Please forgive me I have never done one of these before so I am not entirely sure what to include, so I included it all. I have always wanted to, and I have been reading them for the last 8 or so years, but this year I finally decided to force myself to write this. I would love to do a full trip report as well, but no promises. Most of the planning is done by my Dad and I (I organize all we want to do that trip and he actually books it all and gets it done.) I am writing this the beginning of May, and as of 2 days ago we decided to add 2 days to this trip!! I am typing this listening to the Frontierland Background loop and getting more and more excited as I go through all of our plans. Okay enough from me here is what’s going on….

Who: Me-Victoria 19, 29th trip
My Mom- Missy, 31st trip
My Dad- Tom, 38th trip
My Brother- Tommy 16, 25th trip
My Aunt- Donna, 3rd trip
We have annual passes and my Aunt has 4 day park pass

This is my Aunts first trip since my first trip in 2000, so our main goal is for her to see as much as she can in 4 days.

A little bit about me: I just finished my sophomore year of college, I am going to school to teach Special Education, dual majoring in Early Childhood/Special Ed. I have been going to Disney since I was a little over a year old and have been hooked ever since. I remember being in elementary school and realizing that not everyone goes to Disney multiple times a year like we do, I just thought it was normal. I have a wonderful collection of Disney tattoos (I've got pieces for Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Sci Fi Dine in (people think you are insane when you tell them you have a tattoo for a restaurant) and Pandora.) I am turning 20 right before this trip, and I am hoping to spend my 21st next year in my favorite place!

My Disney Favorites
Ride-Flight of Passage
Show-Finding Nemo The Musical
Restaurant-Sci Fi
Park-Epcot (if you would've asked me 2 years ago, it would've been Hollywood Studios, RIP GMR)
Parade-Boo to You
Nighttime Show-Fantasmic

Here are a few pics of us from our Christmas/New Years Trip 2018/2019

Can you spot my Sci Fi & Space Mountain tattoos??

When: June 27-July 9 (my aunt will only be there June 27- July 1st)

We wanted to be there over the fourth of July to see the Heartbeat of Freedom one more time before Illuminations leaves. I think thats biggest reason for these dates other than working around my brothers football schedule

Where: Boardwalk Villas- the Boardwalk is slowly becoming our favorite place to stay, we love being able to walk to DHS and Epcot
The last time we stayed there was summer of 2018

Here we are at the Boardwalk in 2005, I cant believe how blonde my hair was and how much money I pay now to keep it that blonde...LOL

Our Plans so far:

June 27- Arrival day/DAK

Our flight is at 5 am and we are flying out of Pittsburgh, fortunate for us we live less than 15 minutes from the airport so doing a flight this early is manageable and we still get into the park before lunchtime. The flight is posted at 2 hours 15 minutes, but we typically make it there in an hour and 45. We are hoping to be checked in and headed to DAK by 9:30, if everything goes smoothly.

FP Reservations:
Navi River Journey-11:45
Finding Nemo - The Musical-2:00 for the 2:30 show
Expedition Everest- 3:55

We do not have any dinner reservations for this day. Typically, we find ourselves regretting a set dinner at DAK. I love Satu’li Canteen and will eat there for every single meal if I could. My brother and parents love Flame Tree a little too much, so I know we will find ourselves eating there multiple times. I dont know if we are staying until the park closes, we have a very early morning and tend to crash around 7 on our arrival day. This was our only Animal Kingdom day that we were not able to get a Flight of Passage Fastpass, but we agreed that we are just going to wait standby so my Aunt can ride it.

June 28-Magic Kingdom

We always like to spend our first full day in Magic Kingdom if things work out that way, and we were lucky enough that it fell into place this trip.

FP Reservations:
Space Mountain-10:05
Haunted Mansion-11:30
Big Thunder Mountain-12:50

We have Plaza lunch at 12:50 this day as well. We made sure to have our reservation before 3 because of the menu change. We are planning on seeing Happily Ever After this night too, it is the only night my Aunt will be able to see it and were sure she will love it.

June 29-Hollywood Studios
I think our plan is to rope drop Tower of Terror and do that once or twice if possible. We might decide to try and rope drop TSMM instead because we have a Fastpass for Slinky Dog Dash.

FP Reservations:
RNRC-9:15
BATB-12:30 for the 1:00 show
Slinky Dog Dash- 6:55

We have a reservation at 3:40 for Sci Fi and I cannot wait. I love this place a little too much. Weather permitting we are going to see Fantasmic this night with my Aunt. If they happen to be doing 2 shows a night I think we are going to see the later one because we do not have to catch a bus back to the resort.

June 30-Epcot

We are rope dropping Soarin’ this day and we have had pretty good luck with this in recent years. Having 3 showrooms has done wonders for this ride and keeping the wait time manageable.

FP Reservations:
Test Track-9:30
Spaceship Earth-10:50
Mission Space-12:55

We are eating at Via Napoli at 4:20 this day. This is one of my families favorite places to eat. I enjoy it but I’m not that big of a pizza person. I do absolutely love the Arancini and usually get that as my meal.

July 1-DAK

We are back at Animal Kingdom but we are headed over a little bit later this day. My aunt is flying home mid afternoon so we are going to head to Chef Mickey’s at 10:25. We have not been here in years, but my aunts only request when planning things was to have breakfast with Mickey so we decided to try this classic again. We are not buffet people at all, but I think we will enjoy doing this again. The plans right now are for my brother and I to head over to DAK from the Contemporary and my parents are going back to Boardwalk to make sure she makes it on to the Magical Express okay. We have fast passes later that day for whenever my parents meet back up with us.

FP Reservations:
Dinosaur-3:25
Flight of Passage-5:15
Expedition Everest-8

There are no dinner reservations again this night, so I know I’ll be at Satu’li Canteen and my brother will be at Flame Tree. My parents switch back and forth but really love going to the Harambe Market as well. (Going back and reading this I forgot to mention how much we love the Yak and Yeti takeout as well. I personally like it more than the sit down portion, and I think my family agrees. We will definitely find ourselves there a few times this trip.) We have only seen Rivers of Light once, my dad and I enjoyed it, but my mom didn’t really like it and I think my brother was not impressed. I would like to see it again though and I think this night would be ideal for us to try and fit it in. We always say we are going to do more in DAK and night, but typically find ourselves just wandering around Pandora for the millionth time just taking things in.

July 2-Open Day

As much as my mom does not like doing this, I believe we are making the 2nd a pool day. We are going to be running around like crazy for a week before so I think we will need this day to reset and do laundry. Later this day, we have a reservation and Morimoto Asia at 5:45. I think we will get dressed and head over to Disney Springs around 3:30/4 just to walk around before. I absolutely love Morimoto and it is slowly becoming a set thing for my family to go there every trip. I am 100% positive we will find ourselves at Sprinkles for dessert as well.

July 3-Magic Kingdom

We are back at MK on the 3rd to see the fourth of July fireworks this night. Our plans from here become less structured and we are just going to go with the flow. We do have Be Our Guest lunch at 11:20. We haven’t had this lunch in a few years so I am very excited. My parents tried the prix fixe menu the summer it switched over and absolutely hated it so we haven’t been in awhile.

FP Reservations:
BTMR-9:30
Space Mountain-10:35
Jungle Cruise-1:25

We are going to have to get on Space Mountain as soon as that FP window opens up, I get stressed about time and I am afraid we will be cutting it really close with our lunch reservation being less than an hour later. I feel like we always find ourselves in an excessively long Fastpass line whenever we need to be somewhere.

July 4-Epcot

Back at Epcot this day. I think we are rope dropping Test Track this day although it gets hard coming in from the International Gateway. My mom really wants to camp out and get a spot on the promenade to see this show one last time. We managed to be front and center for the NYE show this past year and she is determined to do that again. We have Teppan Edo Lunch at 3:30 this day.

FP Reservations:
Soarin’- 9:35
Living with the Land-10:55
Mission: Space-12:35

Being able to walk out of Epcot at our own pace and not have to rush to the bus is one of our favorite things ever and I swear it changes how we navigate the entire day. I’m not super into Fourth of July celebrations but I will definitely miss the finale after Illuminations.

July 5-Hollywood Studios

Back at Hollywood Studios this day. Our plans just recently got switched around so what exactly we are doing this day hasn’t been decided. We have dinner at The Hollywood Brown Derby at 6:30. We have been here I think 4 times, and its so hit or miss. There have been times where we absolutely love it and times where it has been the worst meal of the trip.

FP Reservations:
Tower of Terror-9:20
Slinky Dog Dash-10:20
Fantastic-8:20

July 6-Open Day

As of today, May 8, we have nothing planned for this day. My dad and I have been throwing around different restaurants we should go to at different resorts, but haven’t come up with anything solid yet. I’d personally love to try Kimonos at the Swan, but we already have 2 other sushi dinners this trip.

July 7-Animal Kingdom

We were originally supposed to fly home this day but we extended our trip! No dinner reservation again this day, we just love DAK quick service options too much!

FP Reservations:
Dinosaur-10:15
Flight of Passage-12:15
Festival of the Lion King-2:30

July 8-Magic Kingdom

We always spend our last full day in Magic Kingdom. We love to stay as late as we can and just take our time enjoying our last night. We have a reservation for Liberty Tree at 3:45 this day. I think this meal is underrated and we always really enjoy it. We did have an issue there over Christmas though where they were nearly 2 hours behind on reservations, so we had to leave. If we would’ve stayed, we would have missed our dessert party.

FP Reservations
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train-9:25
Space Mountain-10:45
Haunted Mansion-12:20

July 9-Epcot/Departure day

We picked Epcot as our last park, because we can stay there the latest since we do not have to catch a bus out of there. We are eating at Nine Dragons at 1:00 for lunch. We usually take this day slow and just do our 3 fastpasses and eat.

FP Reservations:
Journey Into Imagination With Figment-9:05
Frozen Ever After-10:10
Spaceship Earth-3:50

Our flight home is at 9:35, so we should be home by midnight if everything goes smoothly, which it never does. I don’t think we have had a flight home that has not even delayed in the last 10 years. We always take these late flights out to have as much time in the park as we can, but almost always find ourselves pulling in the driveway well past 1 am.

Thats all for now! Sorry if this was excessive and text heavy, I am still new to posting all of this. If anyone has any suggestions for a restaurant to try at a resort let me know!

Last edited:

VDisneyFan18

Original Poster
A little update, we have decided to get tickets for the H20 Glow Nights at TL on the 6th. I am very excited for this and happy that we squeezed a water park visit into this trip! 3 weeks away!

Ghostdog

We're also a family that went to Disney a lot (sometimes twice a year) when our kids were little and they still love going. Sounds like a great trip, have fun!

VDisneyFan18

Original Poster
We leave Thursday!! We booked our dining reservations for our Christmas trip this morning! I always love when we have to make reservations for our next trip before we even go on one we have planned! hahah

This morning my dad booked Be Our Guest dinner for our first MK day. My parents tried the new menu last July and really didn't like it, but they want my Aunt Donna to experience BOG. I think that'll be a last minute decision, so who knows if we will end up there or back at the Plaza.

Okay I think thats all, can't believe we're leaving so soon!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom