Are WDW Ticket Price Increases Coming Soon?

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
It’s time to discuss that annual event we all know and love, WDW ticket price increases!

In its May newsletter, Mousesavers notes that WDW tickets last increased on June 2, 2012 and warns another ticket price might happen at any time. Mousesavers additionally notes Disney usually announces the increase on Friday evening with the new prices taking effect Sunday morning.

Last year, Magic Your Way (MYW) “base” tickets increased an average of 6.8% but that number’s a bit misleading. A 1-day ticket increased 4.7% while a 10-day ticket increased 9.3%. Tickets with just the “park hopper” or “water park & more” option increased by a similar amount, while tickets with both options actually decreased. For example, a 7-day MYW ticket with both options changed from $377 to $367, a decrease of 2.7%.

asianway

It’s time to discuss that annual event we all know and love, WDW ticket price increases!

In its May newsletter, Mousesavers notes that WDW tickets last increased on June 2, 2012 and warns another ticket price might happen at any time. Mousesavers additionally notes Disney usually announces the increase on Friday evening with the new prices taking effect Sunday morning.

Last year, Magic Your Way (MYW) “base” tickets increased an average of 6.8% but that number’s a bit misleading. A 1-day ticket increased 4.7% while a 10-day ticket increased 9.3%. Tickets with just the “park hopper” or “water park & more” option increased by a similar amount, while tickets with both options actually decreased. For example, a 7-day MYW ticket with both options changed from $377 to $367, a decrease of 2.7%.
Just to refresh...Spirit predicted massive price increases this year for tickets. Cant wait to see if that dream comes true.

LizC

This has been on my mind as well. :( Actually the reason I started a thread asking lots of questions about AP's. I will be buying ours before the prices go up. I'm not going to complain though, the price increase is inevitable. At least we all know enough to buy now before the prices go up.

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
Just to refresh...Spirit predicted massive price increases this year for tickets. Cant wait to see if that dream comes true.
Given the current state of MyMagic+, I wonder if the "massive" ticket price increases predicted by Spirit won't be deferred for another year.

Kinda hard to justify massive increases when MyMagic+ currently is more like NotSoMagic+.:D

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
So now we should start complaining before Disney even does something?
Who's complaining? I'm simply sharing a prediction from Mousesavers and noting what last year's increases were.

Ticket prices are up over 40% since the introduction of MYW in 2005. You want a safe long term investment? Don't leave your money in the bank or buy T-Bills; invest in MYW tickets!

ParentsOf4

Original Poster
If you really want to see some insane price increases, check out the differences between 10-Day non-expiring Park Hopper tickets over the last few years.
Crikey!
I bought a stack of 10-day fully loaded MYW tickets back in 2005 for (I believe) about $375 because I had been warned what to expect under an Iger regime. Now a 10-day fully loaded ticket is $672! OMG!!!:eek:

luv

MYW is the worst thing to happen to Disney tickets ever.

What, exactly, is the difference between a price increase and a "massive" price increase?

This has been on my mind as well. :( Actually the reason I started a thread asking lots of questions about AP's. I will be buying ours before the prices go up. I'm not going to complain though, the price increase is inevitable. At least we all know enough to buy now before the prices go up.
if you don't care about the "and more" part, it is cheaper to buy an AP for the 4 parks and another AP for the Water Parks. That's what I do, anyway. It does mean two tickets in your wallet, though.

LizC

if you don't care about the "and more" part, it is cheaper to buy an AP for the 4 parks and another AP for the Water Parks. That's what I do, anyway. It does mean two tickets in your wallet, though.

Yes I noticed that too. I would think this would be the best bet for most people. I certainly don't go to the water parks that often.

menamechris

With Disney's attendance already being flat, WDW room occupancy allegedly being significantly down, and Universal on a building spree with multiple exciting things here and on the way, I wonder if Disney will be so bold to have a "massive" ticket price hike. It would make it A LOT easier for families to spend more days at Universal. We will see....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom