Are these rides better in WDW or DL?

JoMarch

5. Tower of Terror - Similar - but I prefer WDW.
6. Big Thunder Mountain - Disneyland - I love the different effects and fiber optics at the end. (I hope they come to WDW!)
7. Buzz Lightyear - WDW! But if I remember correctly, the gun (or is it the targets?) is easier at Disneyland.
8. Small World - Disneyland - love the mini Disney princesses in the ride.
9. Peter Pan - I love the new queue at WDW, but there seems to be a better flow on the DL ride.
10. Teacups - a toss up - but I love the lanterns at night at Disneyland.

On a whole, I hear people comparing WDW to DL and visa versa.... Honestly, I LOVE them both - and for multiple, separate reasons - I'd go to either at any time!!!

Last edited:

DManRightHere

1. Haunted Mansion
Que is better at MK, the hat box guy at DL almost makes me choose DL.

2. Splash Mountain
I don't remember riding Splash in DL...

3. Pirates
Que is better at MK and I feel like the ride is in better shape at MK. DL is longer and the boat goes by a restaurant that has a very nice feel to the ride.

4. Toy Story Mania
Exactly the same except the DL que is outside and more giant toys at HS. I like DL better as it feels like boardwalk games and the ride is literally on a boardwalk.

5. Tower of Terror
HS all the way.

6. Big Thunder Mountain
MK all the way.

7. Buzz Lightyear
I don't believe we rode this in DL either.

8. Small World
The building and ride I believe was much better at DL. DL uses a chute for boats instead of open water. I prefer the open water better.

9. Peter Pan
It was closed in DL when we went and we haven't experienced the interactive que ar MK yet.

10. Teacups
MK all the way.

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
5. California Adventure
6. DL
7. DL- You can pick the guns up which makes it much better.
8. DL
9. Tie
10. DL

Last edited:

PlaneCrazy1978

1. Haunted Mansion - Hand down WDW. The queue and ride are so much better.
2. Splash Mountain - WDW. For some reason (none in particular) I don't like the single rider at DL. Plus the drop is shorter at DL :)
3. Pirates - DL blows WDW out. of. the. water. Pun intended.
4. Toy Story Mania - Same. Except DCA has far less wait times
5. Tower of Terror - WDW, not even close. I remember the first time I rode DCA I was waiting for the elevator to move forward and my wife and I looked at each other in amazement.
6. Big Thunder Mountain - Never been on at DL, can't say
7. Buzz Lightyear - DL seems nice for some reason. I also liked how you could disconnect the blaster.
8. Small World - DL. Just tradition. I love the whole going outside thing
9. Peter Pan - DL. Sorry WDW, FL at DL is just so much better in so many ways. You can tell it has "Walt" on it.
10. Teacups - The same. Fun!

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
For me personally:
-Haunted Mansion - DLR. I was there during the holidays, so I got to experience Haunted Mansion Holiday and it was so awesome.
-Pirates - WDW. I wasn't a huge fan of the queue in DLR and think our queue in WDW is themed better. As for the ride itself I didn't notice a huge difference in experience, with the exception of the second drop in DLR.
-Toy Story Mania - WDW. The queue in WDW is themed in a way that helps to tell the story of the ride you're about to experience, which isn't the case at all in DLR.
-Big Thunder Mountain - WDW. I was expecting to be blown away by DLR's because of the explosion, but it was not as exciting in person as it looked in the videos I watched before visiting. I think the ride is way more fun in WDW.

I didn't ride anything else on the list when I was in DLR, so I can't compare them.

:)

Princess Kaylee

Original Poster
You can't be taken seriously if you actually think Tower of Terror is better at DL. WDW's version is objectively better in almost every way and was built with the original plans, not cheapened as at California Adventure.

I guess I like it more because I rode it there for the first time, it holds a special place in my heart.

nerdboyrockstar

Some unpopular opinions but..

1. Haunted Mansion: DL, if only because of the Haunted Mansion Holiday version 1/3 of the year. It's my absolute favorite, but the addition of the Hatbox Ghost in its regular version helps take it a notch above too.
2. Splash Mountain: DL. I know, it's rushed, but it works for me. Let's keep things moving. I just want to drop!
3. Pirates: DL hands down. It's easily that much better.
4. Toy Story Mania: DL, simply because it has NO FastPass and the waits are much, much shorter.
5. Tower of Terror: DL. I know, it doesn't have the cheesy ride-through portion with the screens that makes it a not-so-ordinary elevator. But I actually love the show lighting and audio effects in the queue make it extra creepy. Oh, and again, I just want to drop!
6. Big Thunder Mountain: DL, hands down, and I haven't even seen the updated effects yet.
7. Buzz Lightyear: DL, hands down.
8. Small World: DL, with much thanks to it's holiday makeover as well, my absolute favorite incarnation of the ride.
9. Peter Pan: DL. Easily. I'm a sucker for a starry night effect!
10. Teacups: I could take it or leave it at either resort but it's prettier at DL because of the lanterns.

Oh, and i'm from Florida.

danyoung56

Pirates - WDW. I wasn't a huge fan of the queue in DLR and think our queue in WDW is themed better. As for the ride itself I didn't notice a huge difference in experience, with the exception of the second drop in DLR.

I rarely go so far as to say someone else's opinion is wrong, but this one is kinda hard to go with. The first time I rode on WDW's Pirates I was actually angry that they cut out so much and re-sequenced so much. And there was no lift at the end - you just kinda saw the last scene and then got out of the boat.

For me DL's version is way WAY superior. But then I've been going on it since 1967, so I might be a bit biased.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
1. Haunted Mansion - WDW
2. Splash Mountain - WDW
3. Pirates - DLR
4. Toy Story Mania - Same
5. Tower of Terror - WDW
6. Big Thunder Mountain - DLR
7. Buzz Lightyear - DLR
8. Small World - WDW
9. Peter Pan - WDW (Only because of the new queue line)
10. Teacups - Depends whether you like a roof or not over the attraction.

WondersOfLife

There is nothing better about it though. It's literally a cheap version of the original with less functionality and detail.
Nah, I understand where she is coming from. Much like how I prefer Space Mountain at MK over Disneyland's simply because of sentimental reasons and memories. I know it's not better, but it holds a place in my heart. It's what I'm used to.

WondersOfLife

Would that be the reason why people are upset with a confusing story line?? Or is it just confusing simply because its unorganized? Or a bit of both..? I never got to experience it both times I went.. Simply because it looks like you get soaked compared to WDW's version and I didn't want to walk around Disneyland mid January/October soaking wet all day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Would that be the reason why people are upset with a confusing story line?? Or is it just confusing simply because its unorganized? Or a bit of both..? I never got to experience it both times I went..
You missed out. The amount you get wet - or not - is as variable as in Orlando.

I saw no reason to get upset or confused. It's certainly different to the WDW version, yet at the same time familiar.

WondersOfLife

You missed out. The amount you get wet - or not - is as variable as in Orlando.

I saw no reason to get upset or confused. It's certainly different to the WDW version, yet at the same time familiar.

From the videos, I love the amount of animatronics used! Maybe next time. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom