Are these really Queen size beds?

jkl2000

Original Poster
I've been noticing in a lot of the room photos (I'm looking at Port Orleans) the supposedly Queen-size beds look more like Full size beds. Are they really Queen size, and the dimensions in the photos are just distorted?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can tell you from first hand experience that they are in fact queen size beds. Now, I have not broken out a tape measure to confirm that they are a US, UK or Australian queen size but they are not full size.

You very well might be looking at an old picture as the switch from full to queen at PO was not all that long ago.

jkl2000

Original Poster
I think it's just the angles, really. Occasionally I find one where they do look like Queen size.

Nevermind... :oops:

PUSH

They are queen size beds, but the headboards are the old full sized ones that have been refurbished. That could be throwing you off.

Alexis

I agree. Lately they say "queen" but they're really 2 fulls. I have a full size bed at home and it seems the same size as my actual bed.

MouseDreaming

They are absolutely queen size. Otherwise, we'd still be able to fit a roll away cot in the room.:p Luckily, sharing a queen with my midnight thrasher of a teen is a lot more doable than the full was.

RonAnnArbor

Just for the record, its not even worth arguing about the sizes -- a Queen mattress is 6 inches wider, and 4 inches longer than a full mattress...in real life, imperceptible...

LucyK

Here's a picture of the queen size beds at POFQ:

As far as I know, they are the same size as my bed back home, which is a queen size. Like a PP said, maybe it's the headboard that gives you the impression that it's a full size because its size is definitely small than the bed itself.

Burnt Toast

. I'm pretty sure the industry would have called them out on it a LONG time ago if they were advertising queens and they were actually fulls. You know, like the constant stream of; travel agents, AAA reps... you know, industry folks.

Nemo14

If you are by yourself, yes. Put two on a bed and 6" makes a difference.

paranoid.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom