Are these dates better?

Miss.Queenie

Hi all! Greetings from cold Maine!

So my family and I are planning a trip to Disney World, and Universal Studios. We will be staying at the Pop Century.

My family had originally planned to go to the parks January 4 -15.

But, we been monitoring the weather and crowd this year and now we are thinking of changing the dates to January 19- Febraury-3. Would these dates be less busy, and little warmer? My family has only ever been to Disney World in July, so this is our first time visiting a non 4th July trip. Added bonus we are hoping to score free dinning and disney after hours.

mouse_luv

Hi all! Greetings from cold Maine!

So my family and I are planning a trip to Disney World, and Universal Studios. We will be staying at the Pop Century.

But, we been monitoring the weather and crowd this year and now we are thinking of changing the dates to January 19- Febraury-3. Would these dates be less busy, and little warmer? My family has only ever been to Disney World in July, so this is our first time visiting a non 4th July trip. Added bonus we are hoping to score free dinning and disney after hours.
At the beginning of the month you have the Marathon to deal with and the crowds that come with it. At the end of the month you have MLK holiday and then Pro Bowl which brings significant crowds until the Saturday night before the game Sunday. I'd try to fit in a vacation in the middle of those two. Also, the weather is unpredictable in January, it could be warm some days and cool others, or warm the whole time or cool/cold the whole time, it depends.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Disney's Marathon weekend is January 5th, and a lot of people show up for that. Looks to be about 100,000 people show up for that weekend. Source. Is that a lot for Disney? I'd say so, because that's on top of other people going there to vacation. I'm not saying it sa bad weekend, but its something to consinder.

thinking of changing the dates to January 19- Febraury-3. Would these dates be less busy, and little warmer?
Probably a bit less crowded, but I don't think you'll see much difference in the weather.

Added bonus we are hoping to score free dinning and disney after hours.
Free dining is nice, and if you have that option, on a proposed week over another week, I'd probably take it. Of course you give up any promotional pricing of the resort, i.e., you only get one discount, a room discount or the meal program. I'd take the meal discount if it were up to me.

Check out the crowd calendar to get a ball park estimate on possible crowds at the parks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom