Are there phased park closures anymore?

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
Or did the park reservation system take care or that?
On NYE we have reservations for MK but I think will want to go back and take a nap before heading back to MK for the evening

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Here is what is on the parks reservation page.

parkres.PNG

nickys

Premium Member
Park Hopping or admittance may cease, even with reservations due to capacity.
Bear in mind, having a park reservation is NOT a guarantee you'll be able to get in.
I disagree. A park reservation guarantees you will be able to enter that park at any time on the day in question.

You may not be allowed to park hop, but perhaps the one benefit of the park reservation system is that the days of being shut out of the park if you don’t arrive early enough are over.

Here is what is on the parks reservation page.

View attachment 610165
I think this is a catch-all “cya” clause to be honest. Even on Oct 1st, when MK did close to park hopping for a while, anyone with an MK reservation could enter even during that period.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I disagree. A park reservation guarantees you will be able to enter that park at any time on the day in question.

You may not be allowed to park hop, but perhaps the one benefit of the park reservation system is that the days of being shut out of the park if you don’t arrive early enough are over.

I think this is a catch-all “cya” clause to be honest. Even on Oct 1st, when MK did close to park hopping for a while, anyone with an MK reservation could enter even during that period.
To be fair, October 1st was far from a capacity day save for maybe at the fireworks. I was in the park from open to close and the longest wait we had was 30 minutes at Peter Pan at about 3 in the afternoon.

Like you said I do believe the official rule posted contains a fair amount of CYA. I think it is very unlikely that a guest with a reservation will be turned away, but just in case, WDW's hindquarters are covered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom