Are there NO Florida resident hotel rates for WDW in October?

prberk

I want to make sure I am seeing this right. I see no Florida resident rates for WDW in October. Researching for a resident friend who isn’t a regular, but I was surprised not to see anything. They are hoping to go at least part of the last week of October.

Also, does Universal have Florida resident rates? If so, how do you find them?

Otherwise, if they decide to gravitate toward Universal and bo Florida rates, what are recommended hotel options for cheap rates? Say, less than $150/night.

PolynesianPrincess

I want to make sure I am seeing this right. I see no Florida resident rates for WDW in October. Researching for a resident friend who isn’t a regular, but I was surprised not to see anything. They are hoping to go at least part of the last week of October.

Also, does Universal have Florida resident rates? If so, how do you find them?

Otherwise, if they decide to gravitate toward Universal and bo Florida rates, what are recommended hotel options for cheap rates? Say, less than $150/night.

I don't think they need the discounts right now. Hotels are filling up without discounts so Disney has no reason to release them unfortunately.

Upvote 0

prberk

Original Poster
I don't think they need the discounts right now. Hotels are filling up without discounts so Disney has no reason to release them unfortunately.
I am not a novice to WDW, but even I cannot believe the prices right now. When a $300+/night hotel is called a “moderate,” something is way off kilter.
(I know many will disagree, but I just say that is true, especially when the very company charging it argues that their movie stars are insensitive in asking for full payment during this difficult time, and when they can’t even justify paying for parking trams to operate.)

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

I am not a novice to WDW, but even I cannot believe the prices right now. When a $300+/night hotel is called a “moderate,” something is way off kilter.
(I know many will disagree, but I just say that is true, especially when the very company charging it argues that their movie stars are insensitive in asking for full payment during this difficult time, and when they can’t even justify paying for parking trams to operate.)

I feel like the "discounted" rates they typically offer for resort rooms are what they should be priced at to start. But they jack the prices up and then give a discount and people think "wow, I'm going to be saving a LOT!" when the resorts should be priced at those discounted prices to begin with. The fact that Disney resort rooms include basically nothing anymore yet the prices are still the same is a joke. No more DME, no more free magic bands, significantly shorter EMH (and only a half hour in the AM for guests who aren't deluxe) Universal deluxe resorts are FAR cheaper than WDW resorts and they include Express Pass. I guess Disney's version of that is giving their deluxe resort guests only 2 hours at 2 parks just 2 nights a week. Universals deluxe resorts blow Disney's out of the water.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom