Are there any rumors or information about the return of runDisney events?

DomVF07

With all the road construction that has occurred I am sure the courses will not be the same as in the past.
I couldn't agree more. Especially with all the construction at the TTC and the Floridian flyover. When we parked at Villains last week and walked to TTC I was like how are we running here. Either way I'm thrilled to be able to get back down there and run. It has become quite the tradition in our family.

DomVF07

Interesting that they did not list early registration for AP/DVC…and are also not taking new club RunDisney memberships (for now).
If you notice it's been taken off of the list of annual pass perks as well. It's been up all year as far as I can tell. Just noticed today as I was checking when our dates would be to register for W&D that it was gone.

GimpYancIent

Hey! fellow runDisney enthusiasts I suggest, since the "runDisney Springtime Surprise Week End" thing is not exactly an exiting replacement for the Star Wars Rival Run, OK!, add a summer event to the schedule (a true challenge) w crazy possibilities. The Christmas In July race weekend Challenge! Just an idea. Maybe, just maybe, run Disney can get creative again.

pdude81

Original Poster
Hey! fellow runDisney enthusiasts I suggest, since the "runDisney Springtime Surprise Week End" thing is not exactly an exiting replacement for the Star Wars Rival Run, OK!, add a summer event to the schedule (a true challenge) w crazy possibilities. The Christmas In July race weekend Challenge! Just an idea. Maybe, just maybe, run Disney can get creative again.
It would be cool to have additional event options, but they historically open pretty early in the summer and the races brick up transportation routes. Then again, there are no slow times anymore!

GimpYancIent

It would be cool to have additional event options, but they historically open pretty early in the summer and the races brick up transportation routes. Then again, there are no slow times anymore!
Good point! Soooooo go big or go home, run Disney nocturnal races. Don't worry about park openings, impacting crowds of park guests or temperatures.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
What happened at the last one?
The weather was horrendous, to the point where they delayed the start almost 2 hours. They finally started the race but it was not an easy go of it on that course and conditions continued to deteriorate. I’m by no means an alarmist, but I was concerned for my safety on the course, between the lightning, the darkness, the wet ground, and how strong the rain was. I imagine their legal department was having a stroke about it.

They ultimately pulled everyone off the course at either mile 9 or 10, I can’t remember which.

GimpYancIent

The weather was horrendous, to the point where they delayed the start almost 2 hours. They finally started the race but it was not an easy go of it on that course and conditions continued to deteriorate. I’m by no means an alarmist, but I was concerned for my safety on the course, between the lightning and how strong the rain was. I imagine their legal department was having a stroke about it.

They ultimately pulled everyone off the course at either mile 9 or 10, I can’t remember which.
Ok, Ok, mother nature was not happy. It happens during daylight runs, it also happens on any day of the year anywhere. Properly themed and promoted (something Disney can do well) it would be a stimulating, fun very enjoyable event.

Di$neyCPA

If you notice it's been taken off of the list of annual pass perks as well. It's been up all year as far as I can tell. Just noticed today as I was checking when our dates would be to register for W&D that it was gone.
They have also removed the participating charities from the site. Are they giving up on them or just reviewing their lists?

Texas84

The weather was horrendous, to the point where they delayed the start almost 2 hours. They finally started the race but it was not an easy go of it on that course and conditions continued to deteriorate. I’m by no means an alarmist, but I was concerned for my safety on the course, between the lightning, the darkness, the wet ground, and how strong the rain was. I imagine their legal department was having a stroke about it.

Was that 2015? They cut it in half, turned out to be about 6.8 miles.

evenstephan

They have also removed the participating charities from the site. Are they giving up on them or just reviewing their lists?
Charities with past connections to RunDisney were notified after the announcement that they could apply for race bibs, and they were given until Friday morning, July 2nd, to submit the numbers they wished. I know for certain that they were able to apply for bibs for Wine and Dine, Marathon Weekend, and Princess Weekend, but hadn't head anything directly about the new Springtime Surprise Weekend (I think those will come later). The way in which the charities sell/distribute bibs isn't standardized - some set up a deferral process last year (even though the uncertainty of future race weekends was unknown), others pre-reserve spaces and request enough bibs to cover these numbers, while some just request a certain number and try to sell them afterwards. I know of several charities who submitted order numbers based on people from whom they already gotten verbal commitments, and who plan to formalize the process once RunDisney confirms their allocation later this week (perhaps Thursday). Long story short - if you want a charity bib, act fast. By the time the listing is published, some will not have anything available, and those others (some with large fundraising requirements) will most likely go fast. This holds true for Wine and Dine, Marathon Weekend, and Princess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom