Are there any organizations that help disadvantaged kids go to Disney World?

J_Carioca

Original Poster
I'm not referring to Make-a-Wish, which is for children with health issues, but are there any organizations that make it possible for economically disadvantaged (poor) kids to go to WDW?

aliceismad

A distant relative of mine went to Disney and stayed at the Give Kids the World Village, but I'm pretty sure that's just for kids with medical issues.

SirWillow

None that I know of, outside of individuals who help out people they know.

I'd be afraid of all of the people who would try to take advantage that didn't need the actual help- the frauds and fakes. Medical things are much harder to fake than financial hardship (as evidenced by the "homeless" guy and the couple that raised millions and are now going on trial for fraud)

JIMINYCR

I'm sure if there were programs available, we could fill the parks up 1000xs over with needy kids. Being poor su#$s, but it doesnt mean you give up on the dream of a better life and improved life situation. As a disadvantaged youth, who had a dream to one day of going to WDW, I worked hard, struggled my way through troubled times and got to realize the dream as an adult. Looking back at the time I certainly would have preferred different circumstances, but WDW was more satisfying to me having earned my way there later in life. Having the opportunity for my DW and child that my parents never could give me, was even more of a thrill.

Patcheslee

Anything I have seen has been local organizations raising money for kids. The most I hear about is alot of kids join school groups and fund raise for group trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom