Are the Disney Suits viewing Pandora as a success?

Daveeeeed

I'm another one in the minority who loves Everest!
EE is a highly rated ride
It surely is a wonderful ride!!! Many many people love Everest, but compared to many other rides like TSM, The Tower of Terror, Haunted Mansion, or Splash Mountain, most guests don't call it their absolute favorite. That's all I'm saying. Not really advocating for whether it's the best or not as that is just a personal opinion, but it's hard to deny it's not a well-done ride. :)

bgood

(Take this with a grain of salt as I have not yet visited Pandora)

I think Pandora needs a ride that is outside if Disney thinks it's not drawing enough nighttime visitors. I believe that experiencing an outdoor attraction at night is quite different than the day (Take Expedition Everest or Big Thunder Mountain, for example).

To me, experiencing an outdoor E-ticket at night is arguably more fun than in the day.

I agree! I worked hard on our recent trip to make sure we got some of those ride-at-night experiences. My family hands-down agreed that our favorite attraction at the parks was EE at night. Even C- and D- ticketers - KRR, Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit at USF - are thrilling at night. Only Test Track was the exception to this - that sudden shift from dark indoors to dark outdoors wasn't so dramatic!

DisneyCane

Can't think of a single outdoor ride that isn't better during the night. Some rides we wouldn't touch during the day but become fun on an evening...like Astro Orbiter when MK is all lit up

Agree 100%. The night sky allows the lighting of the rides to really "pop" and make you feel more like you are part of the show. Even just walking around the parks at night is a better experience; both in atmosphere and it not being 1000 degrees outside in the summer.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
anyone have a map or image marking where these expansion pads are located

I don't know what has been "officially" designed as expansion pads, but if I had to guess I would say it's these two locations..

upload_2017-7-24_10-29-5.png

Disneyhead'71

Pandora didn't do a whole lot to sell rooms this summer. They started offering extreme discounts to CMs back in April because the occupancy rates based on pre-booking was very soft.

Fall looks strong, but it always does. It's cheaper being not high season and it's festival season.

Kman101

Pandora didn't do a whole lot to sell rooms this summer. They started offering extreme discounts to CMs back in April because the occupancy rates based on pre-booking was very soft.

Fall looks strong, but it always does. It's cheaper being not high season and it's festival season.

I think there are other factors in lower attendance this summer. But I guess that "validates" those wanting to see it fail?

Disneyhead'71

I think there are other factors in lower attendance this summer. But I guess that "validates" those wanting to see it fail?
It is moving more merchandise than Disney anticipated and the F&B is doing gang busters, so while it may not be selling rooms, it's not a failure. It's also taking some of the heat off of DHS. Which is good given DHS' current condition. Unfortunately, DAK@Night! still isn't a thing.

Last edited:

jt04

Pandora is designed as an initial step. Add Frozen, TSL, SWGE, TRON etc and soon you have a sort of 'critical mass' of momentum that WDW is building out for (Disney Springs, roads, hotels, DVCs etc).

Not buying the new meme anyone is disappointed with current progress. There is certainly no reason for such an attitude.

Steady as she goes.

Sped2424

Pandora is designed as an initial step. Add Frozen, TSL, SWGE, TRON etc and soon you have a sort of 'critical mass' of momentum that WDW is building out for (Disney Springs, roads, hotels, DVCs etc).

Not buying the new meme anyone is disappointed with current progress. There is certainly no reason for such an attitude.

Steady as she goes.
Frozen? That already happened?

t3techcom18

Everything on that list makes sense besides Hallow Wishes, mean it's an ok show but Holiday Wishes or Fantasy In The Sky knock it out of the sky.

You'd be surprised to see how much of a huge fan following HalloWishes and Boo to You has. They're cute, but that's basically it.

Like someone else said, how HM, ToT, FJ and Spider-Man aren't on the list boggles my mind...

Jones14

You'd be surprised to see how much of a huge fan following HalloWishes and Boo to You has. They're cute, but that's basically it.

Like someone else said, how HM, ToT, FJ and Spider-Man aren't on the list boggles my mind...
Forbidden Journey I get. The ride hasn't been living up to its potential in Florida for a long time, what with the screens being in such bad shape. Add on that the ride system isn't Uni's shiny new toy, and I totally see why it doesn't "make the cut". Mansion I see as well, simply because it has been around forever and is generally a more low-key attraction. That Tower and Spider-Man aren't on there is baffling, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom