Are the Disney Suits viewing Pandora as a success?

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
LOL talking about Pandora being a success already? It's been open a couple months. The real test is once the hype of a new land dies down and what the attendance and wait times look like in a year or two.
Perhaps I missed it, but we're there any announcements from D23 about DAK? IMHO, the best way to continue the draw of visitors would be to promise additions in time for the 50th. Not necessarily for Pandora, but DAK as a whole.

Stitch_Fan_NJ

Perhaps I missed it, but we're there any announcements from D23 about DAK? IMHO, the best way to continue the draw of visitors would be to promise additions in time for the 50th. Not necessarily for Pandora, but DAK as a whole.

I don't think so but if they did it was heavily overshadowed by the other big news.

Honestly once DHS expansion is done and changes in Epcot are made AK will go back to being the park you do in the morning and then hop to another park. It will take ALOT for AK to be an all day park for a majority of people.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I don't think so but if they did it was heavily overshadowed by the other big news.

Honestly once DHS expansion is done and changes in Epcot are made AK will go back to being the park you do in the morning and then hop to another park. It will take ALOT for AK to be an all day park for a majority of people.
There is land to expand AK, and the whole Dino land (not the dinosaur ride) hate chatter presents opportunities to keep it a full day park

Marlins1

I looked up the Unofficial Guide/Touring Plans reader surveys over the last 90 days, because they generally track the parks' surveys.

Flight of Passage is the highest-rated attraction in any domestic park for Disney or Universal. The rest of the top 10:

2. Gringotts (USF)
3. Toy Story (DHS)
4. Hallowishes Fireworks
5. Toy Story (DCA)
6. Soarin' (EP)
7. Happily Ever After (MK)
8. Radiator Springs Racers (DCA)
9. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (DHS)
10. Expedition Everest (AK)
I was excited to hear that FOP was #1 until I saw that Gringotts and TSMM were 2 and 3. Oh well, still looking forward to experiencing Pandora in August.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

I was excited to hear that FOP was #1 until I saw that Gingotts and TSMM were 2 and 3. Oh well, still looking forward to experiencing Pandora in August.
From the dozens of people I've talked to that are just casual fans, everything on that list besides Hallowishes and Expedition Everest make sense.
For us hardcore fans this list obviously has some flaws, but it seems pretty accurate for the vast majority.

MCast

(Take this with a grain of salt as I have not yet visited Pandora)

I think Pandora needs a ride that is outside if Disney thinks it's not drawing enough nighttime visitors. I believe that experiencing an outdoor attraction at night is quite different than the day (Take Expedition Everest or Big Thunder Mountain, for example).

To me, experiencing an outdoor E-ticket at night is arguably more fun than in the day.

bhg469

It is a ll relative.. Is the measure of success getting more people to DAK? Then yes. If the measure of success is getting more people to schedule a vacation because of this addition? Definitely not. I have my doubts that this addition even takes away a day from someones universal resort visit. IMO it is barely moving the needle in the way that would really really benefit them. As far as merch... I think they ordered a really small number of banshees like 1500 or something like that. A lot of them ended up on ebay.

rreading

I looked up the Unofficial Guide/Touring Plans reader surveys over the last 90 days, because they generally track the parks' surveys.

Flight of Passage is the highest-rated attraction in any domestic park for Disney or Universal. The rest of the top 10:

2. Gringotts (USF)
3. Toy Story (DHS)
4. Hallowishes Fireworks
5. Toy Story (DCA)
6. Soarin' (EP)
7. Happily Ever After (MK)
8. Radiator Springs Racers (DCA)
9. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (DHS)
10. Expedition Everest (AK)

Really? I hate that rating metric then. They're all screens and roller coasters. That doesn't bode well for the future of calmer, more interesting experiences. At least they created the Navi river ride, fwiw

JoeCamel

Really? I hate that rating metric then. They're all screens and roller coasters. That doesn't bode well for the future of calmer, more interesting experiences. At least they created the Navi river ride, fwiw
Welcome to the world of modern theme park entertainment, the days of IASM are dead

doctornick

From the dozens of people I've talked to that are just casual fans, everything on that list besides Hallowishes and Expedition Everest make sense.
For us hardcore fans this list obviously has some flaws, but it seems pretty accurate for the vast majority.

Why not Everest? It seems pretty damn popular among people I talk to. I'm probably more surprised by RNR, honestly

Daveeeeed

Why not Everest? It seems pretty damn popular among people I talk to. I'm probably more surprised by RNR, honestly
Most casual people I know prefer Kilimanjaro Safaris and rides at the other parks. Not very many people have their favorite as Expedition Everest, especially when compared to the others on the list. Mind you, Rock n' Rollercoaster is pretty much every coaster crazy or 13-year-old's favorite that doesn't have a love for dark rides, sadly. It's a great ride, but in many demographics, it is one of their top picks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom