Are pressed pennies still happening?

anchorman314

Many of the machines across all of WDW have been converted from the type that you insert 2 quarters and 1 penny to the 8-die machines that you just insert $1 or use a credit card. So there's less need to worry about finding the loose change.

JIMINYCR

Yes there are a variety of machines in the parks and also machines situated in some of the resorts. If you go to Presscoins.com you will find updated listings of where the machines are and what the characters or featured pressed coins will be available. If you are looking for hard to find certain characters or types of pressed coins, there are always ones being offered for sale on ebay.

Mickey2021

Yes there are a variety of machines in the parks and also machines situated in some of the resorts. If you go to Presscoins.com you will find updated listings of where the machines are and what the characters or featured pressed coins will be available. If you are looking for hard to find certain characters or types of pressed coins, there are always ones being offered for sale on ebay.
Looks like every single machine left in the park is now $1 or credit card only. So disappointed. Been saving pennies and quarters to take with me.

Mickey2021

I got all of the pressed pennies in Country Bear Jamboree’s lobby 3 weeks ago.
Are there any left that take an actual penny that you have to put into the machine? From what I can tell online they all take $1 or credit card. The ones that I have used at Disney like that don't even use a real penny but instead use a blank. You can tell because there is no flat design on the reverse side of the penny.

Ricky Spanish

Are there any left that take an actual penny that you have to put into the machine? From what I can tell online they all take $1 or credit card. The ones that I have used at Disney like that don't even use a real penny but instead use a blank. You can tell because there is no flat design on the reverse side of the penny.
We just got back. Stayed at ASMovies. Pretty sure the pressed penny machines are still the 2 quarters 1 penny kind at the food court. I really didn’t stop to look at the designs.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Not sure about the rest of WDW but the ones inside CBJ for the Country Bear characters were the credit card swipe system.

JoeCamel

Law dogs moving in on the defacing US currency front...... blanks for all and they control the makeup of the metal
Less cost to change the price in the future

Chicken Guy

The $1 price hike eliminates most of the appeal of the product to me. It was a cheap way to both get a cool souvenir and shed some nearly-useless coins. Now I have to hand over a bill, which feels like a far more substantial purchase to me than one paid with coins.

Robbiem

Pressed pennys are a nice souvenir to collect over the years.
I remember in the 90s you also used to be able to get coins with bits filed away to create pendents in liberty square. I still have a Kennedy 50cent coin.

Random question- why do Americans say ‘penny’ when you don’t have pence as currency like we do in the UK?

John park hopper

As a kid we lived near the train tracks and would ride our bikes over and put pennies on the tracks-- trains would flatten them out. If my mother knew we did that we would have been grounded for life. It only cost us a penny

Ricky Spanish

Pressed pennys are a nice souvenir to collect over the years.
I remember in the 90s you also used to be able to get coins with bits filed away to create pendents in liberty square. I still have a Kennedy 50cent coin.

Random question- why do Americans say ‘penny’ when you don’t have pence as currency like we do in the UK?
I don’t know. Makes no “cents” to me.🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom