Are Port Orleans “Royal rooms” worth the extra cost.

UNCgolf

I've stayed there twice specifically for the location -- I prefer it to the preferred rooms, actually.

With that said, the rooms themselves aren't anything special. They're just themed more towards princesses. I'd actually prefer to stay in a standard room if it was in the same location as the Royal Guest Rooms, but there aren't any, so.

UNCgolf

I'll be staying there very soon; what's special about the location? Just convenient?

Yeah, it's just close to the lobby/food court and there's a bus stop nearby too (plus the one at the lobby which also isn't far). They're also the closest to French Quarter if you feel like taking a stroll to its food court area -- it's only about half a mile away -- which has better breakfast options IMO, or if you want to check out their jazz lounge in the evening.

Yes but it being more than a preferred room which is supposed to be the closest location, so theming takes it to the next level of pricing.

Pam

Yep, the additional theming is definitely the reason for the pricing. I actually prefer the location to the preferred rooms, though -- otherwise I'd stay in those.

WDW_Emily

Stayed there in February and felt like they were very dated. I also don't like rugs in hotel rooms so that was another turn off for me. Location is great!

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt though. I know some people absolutely love port orleans but we personally were not fond of it.

UNCgolf

Stayed there in February and felt like they were very dated. I also don't like rugs in hotel rooms so that was another turn off for me. Location is great!

Take my thoughts with a grain of salt though. I know some people absolutely love port orleans but we personally were not fond of it.

I agree that the Royal Guest Rooms are dated -- I just love the location. I'd prefer to stay in a standard room in that location if it was possible.

But I also think Port Orleans is the best resort at Disney in terms of overall value.

MagicalMaci

In the Parks
Yes
They were really something special when they first came out, but as Disney has redone many of its resort rooms since then and injected quite a bit more Disney characters into them along the way, it's much less "worth it" than it used to be as it isn't as special feeling. I still really like the royal theming, but I don't know that I'd really pay too much extra for them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom