Are MME and MDE the same!!??!

Yano

Original Poster
Hi all,
I don’t know if this is a stupid question or not, but I hear people saying “my magic experience” app and I couldn’t find it. Is it the same as the “My Disney Experience app?”
I would really like to know if they are not the same what the difference between them is.
Thank you

Weather_Lady

They must be using a misnomer. You're correct -- the app (the app used for simultaneous management of your hotel reservations, tickets, MagicBands, ADRs and FP+) is My Disney Experience, or MDE -- not to be confused with DME, Disney's Magical Express (bus from airport to resort), or MyMagic+, Disney's catch-all term for its more recent tech upgrades, including the MagicBands , MDE and FP+). ;) Disney has invented so many different-but-similar terms that it's tough for anybody to keep them straight.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They must be using a misnomer. You're correct -- the app (the app used for simultaneous management of your hotel reservations, tickets, MagicBands, ADRs and FP+) is My Disney Experience, or MDE -- not to be confused with DME, Disney's Magical Express (bus from airport to resort), or MyMagic+, Disney's catch-all term for its more recent tech upgrades, including the MagicBands , MDE and FP+). ;) Disney has invented so many different-but-similar terms that it's tough for anybody to keep them straight.

Indeed, the nomenclature isn't the clearest.

MyMagic+ is the catch-all for the online, interconnected, web & app, internet of things. Originally code named NGE - Next Generation Experience.

Disney likes to use the plus sign for online services, sort of like the generic e- prefix or Apple's i- prefix.

Additionally, there's StoryMaker, an unannounced and on and off again integration of your personal information showing up in the parks, like the screen at the end of It's a Small World using your name to say good-bye.

Then there's PhotoPass and MemoryMaker used almost interchangeably for the park's photos showing up in your MDE. And if they add a filter to it, it's a MagicShot.

I wonder how many ways they can combine Magic, My, Maker, and Disney into various compound words with and without the +.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom