Are 'Magic Moments' still allowed?

SamandplanningUK

Original Poster
Back when we last visited in December 2019 we stayed at POR and were gifted our quick service meal as a magic moment by a very kind CM behind the tills. Not having experienced this before we were in a state of shock that CM's were allowed to do this by Disney and extremely grateful to have such a wonderful pick me up and happy moment after having a stressful day in the park during the busy period and falling ill on vacation (always a bummer).

Does anyone know if CM's are still allowed to give out magic moments like this? I'm not expecting this to ever happen to us again but just curious to see if, after the cost of the pandemic for WDW, this is still a 'thing'?

castlecake2.0

Back when we last visited in December 2019 we stayed at POR and were gifted our quick service meal as a magic moment by a very kind CM behind the tills. Not having experienced this before we were in a state of shock that CM's were allowed to do this by Disney and extremely grateful to have such a wonderful pick me up and happy moment after having a stressful day in the park during the busy period and falling ill on vacation (always a bummer).

Does anyone know if CM's are still allowed to give out magic moments like this? I'm not expecting this to ever happen to us again but just curious to see if, after the cost of the pandemic for WDW, this is still a 'thing'?
It varies by department, and doesn’t necessarily always mean getting something for free, but magical moments are still encouraged.

World_Showcase_Lover007

A couple of months ago, a CM working the front desk at All Star Movies gave us a free room upgrade, and then gave my toddler daughter a free magic band (and a coloring book)…small things but he definitely didn’t have to do it…but I don’t know if they’ll be comping entire meal tickets

DisneyAndADoleWhip

Visited on my birthday this year and did a Disneybound of Wendy at MK. Went to get a Peter Pan float and the CM said it was on Peter that day. I cried. It made my whole birthday.
In May, I took my friend for her birthday. At World of Disney, a CM gave her 10% her purchase as a birthday treat. She cried.

It comes when you least expect it!

Michaelson

Our last visit to EPCOT we were driving around toward the parking lot after going through the main entrance, when a parking lot CM was standing in the lane and directed us toward the handicap parking lane.

I rolled down my window and told him we had no handicapped in the truck, but he smiled and just kept pointing us down that lane, which we took.

Long story short, we ended up being parked in a shaded grassy area DIRECTLY across the main entrance of EPCOT, literally a rocks throw away!

They apparently shunted about 20 of us to this area as a 'magic moment'.

Needless to say, at the end of a VERY long day with a then 4 year old grandson, that close parking spot was a God send!

We still talk about this blessing, so if they still do it, it's those 'little' gestures that stick with you, and go a LONG way in customer satisfaction.

Regards! Michaelson

JIMINYCR

Yes its still going on. An unexpected treat that surprises you out of the blue. Not everyone gets treated but when you do, if you are one of the lucky ones it will make your trip extra special and make you appreciate the CM's kindness and guest attention even more. On our May trip DW and I were sitting in the Contemp food area when a CM who we had been seeing almost every day approached us with 2 desserts and said it was because we were her favorite couple of the day. Weve received other types of magic on a few other trips, sometimes in the resort and sometimes in the parks completely by chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom