Are Evening Tickets Available at The Parks?

Magical Dreamer

Were coming in later day with room only reservations.....just wondering if evening tickets are available for purchase at the gate for a reduced price.

If so.....I'd like to know the available time and $$.

Magical Dreamer

Original Poster
Thanks....I have a 10 day package after our room only reservation but was hoping they had a after 5pm or something like that ticket.

There's 5 of us......I may have spent up to $300 for a late start but full ticket price x 5 would be too much for less than a 1/2 day.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Thanks....I have a 10 day package after our room only reservation but was hoping they had a after 5pm or something like that ticket.

There's 5 of us......I may have spent up to $300 for a late start but full ticket price x 5 would be too much for less than a 1/2 day.
Usually the least expensive option is to add days (at the price of $10 per day) to a 4-day or longer ticket. However, if you are coming from the United States and already have 10-day tickets then you're out-of-luck. 10 days is the max allowed. There is no "half day" ticket.

Upvote 0

LizC

An AP is a lot more expensive than a 10-day ticket unless the 10-day ticket includes the "no expiration" option. 10-day ticker with water park and hopper options is $397. An AP is $574.
Wow that's a big difference. Sorry didn't realize it was so much.
I usually go for the AP and get my once yearly trips in just under the year mark. Plus you can get the TIW card.

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

Wow that's a big difference. Sorry didn't realize it was so much.
I usually go for the AP and get my once yearly trips in just under the year mark. Plus you can get the TIW card.
Yes, that's a great way to use AP, 2 long trip 11 1/2 months apart. Cheaper than buying 2 sets of tickets.

Upvote 0

tampabrad

There are many reasons I can think of for not having a partial day ticket.

They do offer an Epcot after 5 AP for FL residence. I'm sure most of the people who have this pass use it to mainly go and spend money on food, drinks and merchandise. Plus Epcot is the only park that is opened "later" year round, while the other parks close between 5 and 7 during the off season.

WDW wants guests to buy multi day passes. I'm sure adding a day would be less expensive than what they would offer a half day pass for. I would imagine a half day or evening pass would be @ $40-50.

I actually don't think there is much demand for a non local evening pass for many of the parks or they would offer it. We all know Disney wants our money.

Upvote 0

KC82271

I am running into the same issue. I needed two different reservations in order to get the free dining. Now I realize that the day we get there, we don't have park tickets because that is a room only reservation. Disney has "offered" to put a one day ticket on that reservation at about $90 a person. Great offer - NOT! So now I get to the hotel at 2pm and the MK is open until like 1am. FML!

Upvote 0

ParentsOf4

I am running into the same issue. I needed two different reservations in order to get the free dining. Now I realize that the day we get there, we don't have park tickets because that is a room only reservation. Disney has "offered" to put a one day ticket on that reservation at about $90 a person. Great offer - NOT! So now I get to the hotel at 2pm and the MK is open until like 1am. FML!
I believe I ran into a similar problem a few years ago. Free Dining started on August 14 (I think) but we wanted to arrive 3 days earlier. Disney would let use add days to our tickets at the (then) standard rate of $4 (now $10) per day. But the catch was we couldn't begin using these tickets until after we checked-in for our vacation package on August 14. So we had no tickets the first 3 days.

I ended up purchasing 10-day tickets (to cover the entire trip) and then "saving" our vacation package tickets for a later trip. In the long run, this was the best value for me because I knew I'd be back to use the vacation package tickets and could count on Disney to raise prices faster than the rate of inflation (which they did, of course:mad:). So I ended up actually saving a bit of money on my second trip buy purchasing 2 sets of tickets on my first trip.

It was kind of strange going for Extra Magic Hours. I had to show them my resort guest key (containing the tickets I was saving for a later trip) to prove that I was staying onsite but use a different set of tickets to actually enter the park. It meant I had to carry around 2 sets of tickets. This is very important; you don't want them running your resort guest keys thru the turnstile on your first trip but you'll need them to enter for EMH.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

A 6 night 7 day package will give you a 7-day ticket price. We travel by car, so we opt to only get a 5 day ticket and it is only a bit less! I've always debated on whether or not just to go ahead and spend the day we arrive and leave at the parks, but we're just too exhausted (14 hour drive). But, if you're flying, then I'd go for the 7 days ticket! Enjoy!:)

Upvote 0

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Were coming in later day with room only reservations.....just wondering if evening tickets are available for purchase at the gate for a reduced price.

If so.....I'd like to know the available time and $$.

Why not spend the evening at DD? They usually have a dance party at the pavilion across from WoD, and it is great fun for all. For the adults, the Margarita Bar can't be beat! Plenty of places to eat or snack (plus shop!). We always spend our first evening there, even though we are AP holders. Usually just too tired from the travel to walk around a park, but we can relax at DD with a refreshing beverage, and do some people watching. Just something to think about.

Upvote 0

Magical Dreamer

Original Poster
Another option is:

1) Purchase 10 day tickets from Undercover Tourist to begin using on arrival day.

2) Modify current package to the minimum 2 day tickets needed for the free dining package and don't use them at all. The tickets would not expire because there would be no 1st use and I could use them sometime in the future.

Upvote 0

wolf359

If not Downtown Disney, perhaps an evening at one (or several) of the Magic Kingdom resorts?

I'd suggest having dinner and timing your meal so you could watch Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom