Are Disney Resort Front Desk Workers allowed to accept tips?

Vader2112

I was listening to a person named Jacob Tomsky promote his new book Heads and Beds about working in the hotel industry. He indicated about slipping the front desk worker a tip during check in for a possible upgrade or another perk (free bottle of wine drink coupons etc.) My question is :
Can Disney Resorts Front Desk or Check in Ceast Members allowed to accept tips. I have received upgrades without even asking or tipping and always send a nice note to Guest Relations. I never tipped because I thought it may have something to do my frequency I visit WDW.

GoochDSA

I don't think any CMs except tour guides and wait staff are allowed to accept tips. I guess Mousekeeping, too.

It is my understanding that CMs (other than those mentioned by the PP) are not supposed to accept cash tips and I don't think all tour guides are included in that, only the VIP tour guides. I asked a CL-CM this on our last trip and he told me something about a rule where a CM cannot accept a cash tip unless it is offered three times in a row, at which point it may be accepted and pooled in with other tips, or something along those lines. I have no idea how true that is. I do know that CMs are allowed to accept gifts. Basically, the powers that be have tried to set it up so that tipping does not give you any sort of advantage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom