Are Disney Pins from Target, BoxLunch, etc tradeable in the Parks?

SeminoleVators

Original Poster
Hi there,

The other day I was at Target and I saw two sets of pins, a set themed around Mickey Mouse and a Set themed around Minnie Mouse in the new Mickey section of the store. If I were to buy these pins, could I trade them in the parks? Thanks.

Bairstow

Generally speaking, yes. As long as the pin is hard metal enamel, and looks suitably "Disney", it's good to trade.

If it's plastic, obviously non-Disney ( Bugs Bunny, or a generic American Flag, for example) or appears blatantly counterfeit, you might have a cast member that objects to the trade, but it's rare to run into a cast member that can tell whether a pin is from Disney or not and even less common to find one that actually cares.

Two things they've instituted for pin trading to be on the lookout are a small silver Mickey emblem on the front of the pin and a Mickey ear pattern on the reverse. If your Target pins lack both of these you might run into opposition but probably not.

ZapperZ

Hi there,

The other day I was at Target and I saw two sets of pins, a set themed around Mickey Mouse and a Set themed around Minnie Mouse in the new Mickey section of the store. If I were to buy these pins, could I trade them in the parks? Thanks.

As a pin trader, these are legal and valid pins for trading. They are officially sanctioned by Disney. So I don't see that being a problem if you wish to trade it with cast members. You may not get many takers with other pin traders, since these are relatively easy to get at Target and are in mass quantities.

Zz.

SapphireStorm

As a pin trader, these are legal and valid pins for trading. They are officially sanctioned by Disney. So I don't see that being a problem if you wish to trade it with cast members. You may not get many takers with other pin traders, since these are relatively easy to get at Target and are in mass quantities.

Zz.

Good to know, was wondering this myself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom