Are Disney food prices really over the top?

SplashJacket

I went to a Braves game at Truist park last week and paid $17 for a small mediocre burger with no sides.

At Connections Eatery, a Mediterranean Burger sets you back $12

So no, given the circumstances, Disney's prices are generally quite fair for food. Theme Parks, especially WDW, are unique in their extreme isolation. To escape its monopolistic grasp requires embarkation on an extended trek.

The better question is whether Disney is taking full advantage of its situation. And the answer is no. They could charge substantially more for food.

No one likes spending money. No one likes spending $12 on a burger, but if we're really honest ourselves, Disney's food prices are reasonable.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

I mean shoot, the "Big Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger Triple" at my local Wendy's costs $8.29, upfront at least...

1652042758531.png

After medical expenses and a funeral, we're talking tens or even hundreds of thousands!

Figgy1

Premium Member
IMHO you're going to get different opinions depending on where a poster lives. I don't flinch when I see most prices at Disney knowing what some places charge locally and what other "local" attractions charge but I have relatives who live in a much lower COL area and they flinch at the prices of all things Disney

HouCuseChickie

I think it also depends on where you’re dining and drinking in Vegas. The vast majority of the cocktails we’ve had in Vegas currently go for $15-20. So even OP’s example seems very high.

Edit- also wanted to point out that a lot depends on where you go. I think our meal at Hells Kitchen was our priciest that trip, but their current menu prices reflect signature cocktails that are all priced under $20 a drink.

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Lol. Happy Mother's day gang . The reason why I ask is because I'm currently in Las Vegas and I just paid 34 for a Pina colada. 😉

I immediately thought this place could give Disney a run for the money
Was it a pitcher, because that's high anywhere but especially Vegas. I found reasonable drinks at the MGM Grand. If you really want to save roll on down to Fremont or you could gamble and drink for free. Free drinks certainly NOT going to be found in Disney.

Lilofan

Was it a pitcher, because that's high anywhere but especially Vegas. I found reasonable drinks at the MGM Grand. If you really want to save roll on down to Fremont or you could gamble and drink for free. Free drinks certainly NOT going to be found in Disney.
When I went to Club Cool at Epcot, loved the free soda from all over the world!😉

Club Cooloholic

I think Disney prices are comparable to other places such as zoos, amusement parks, sports stadiums etc. The big difference with Disney is that you are actually allowed to bring in your own food and drinks if you don’t want to pay the inflated prices. A lot of places do not allow that at all.
I think where Disney goes a little outrageous is the price of snacks like pretzels and their sit down restaurants, where everything is pretty much $25 and up. QS is not so bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom