Are changes coming to Florida passholder program?

raven

I'm glad things like this are being published in the Sentinel as it shows that locals are getting a bit fed up with Disney's restrictions, red tape and "discounts" on tickets that keep going up (aka no difference).

Also funny how no Disney spokesperson isn't available to give any feedback whatsoever about this. :cautious:

FutureCEO

"The Disney survey asked what he would do if his pass blocked access a couple of months after the opening of a new attraction, parade or show at a theme park"

Good think that scenario wouldn't come up very often at WDW. ;)

I'm sorry. I just thought of this when I finished reading the article.

th

Mike S

I laughed when they said passholders get fantastic discounts on food and merch. I think the passholder discount is 10 percent. That's hardly anything. I remember passholders used to get a 50 percent discount at the miniature golf courses but that was changed to 15 percent a few years ago. Oh Disney. You so greedy.
The discount also barely applies anywhere so I've just stopped asking.

MagicHappens1971

The discount also barely applies anywhere so I've just stopped asking.
The only thing the discount is good for is merchandise. Food and everything else is very hard to find. I had a CM tell me to always ask when dining since locations change their discount depending on the meal, the season, time of day, ect. No restaurant in MK offers the AP discount.

Mike S

The only thing the discount is good for is merchandise. Food and everything else is very hard to find. I had a CM tell me to always ask when dining since locations change their discount depending on the meal, the season, time of day, ect. No restaurant in MK offers the AP discount.
My "other" AP is much better in this regard.

More to the topic, if AP are blocked from something new for all that time wouldn't it just create a rush when the block is lifted anyway?

MagicHappens1971

My "other" AP is much better in this regard.

More to the topic, if AP are blocked from something new for all that time wouldn't it just create a rush when the block is lifted anyway?
Yeah I can't see them actually going through with this. It doesn't make sense crowd wise, the article also stated that Disney's planning to add some benefits to APs coming next month. I'd love to see half price Party tickets but we all know thats never gonna happen. But as @danlb_2000 said "Good think that scenario wouldn't come up very often at WDW. ;)" lol

raven

Unlike at DisneyLAND where every CM at restaurants and food service always ask the question "Are you an AP?" Asking a simple question like that goes a long way.

As for perks and discounts for APs they pretty much have cut everything they used to be. I can't imagine them adding anything now that will be worthy of making me wanting to buy one again.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Is this any different than how the program works now? Different tiers of pass have different amounts of blocked dates? Lower tier passholders are blocked during periods of peak demand?

21stamps

Am I the only one who thinks the annual pass is actually a good deal? Especially if you're a Florida resident. I wish I would have just purchased an AP instead of using all of my non expiring tickets over the years!!

NearTheEars

Is this any different than how the program works now? Different tiers of pass have different amounts of blocked dates? Lower tier passholders are blocked during periods of peak demand?

Seems like it would add even more blackouts to the passes, though. Not only would major holiday days and the summer (For Silver Pass folks) be blocked out, you'd be stopped from going to a park debuting a new attraction.
And I don't expect to see any price cut for taking that pass either.

NearTheEars

Am I the only one who thinks the annual pass is actually a good deal? Especially if you're a Florida resident. I wish I would have just purchased an AP instead of using all of my non expiring tickets over the years!!

It's still a good deal, but just in the 5 years we've had them, the standard AP has increased in price astronomically, with few new attractions added to the parks (yet). That was the main reason we dropped all the way down to the new Silver tier this year. I doubt we'll ever not have a pass, but its getting tougher and tougher to stomach the increases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom