Are Body Wars and Cranium actually gone?

KDM31091

Original Poster
Tried searching but cannot really find a solid answer. Are Body Wars and Cranium Command still intact but just hidden/walled off? Not that I expect they'd reopen, but are they even still there? Or have they been totally gutted and removed? I miss Wonders of Life, I accept that it is definetly gone forever, but I'm wondering if they've actually demolished the attractions?

And if not, why not? Would they reopen some day, or is jut lack of need to demolish them?

ABigBrassBand

Yup, they painted over the Body Wars mural IIRC and cleaned out the queue, but I think the vehicles may still be there. Cranium Command is completely gone from what I've heard, you might want to watch Martin's ultimate tribute for WoL to confirm.

EDIT: Yea, their signs are gone and such, but I don't think there's a definite answer on the actual vehicles and insides.

cdunbar

They were supposedly doing the testing for Star Tours II in Body Wars awhile back. But the Cranium Compound sign was actually on ebay awhile back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know about a year ago the Cranium main theatre was virtually intact and still had power. Body Wars... the sims are there but at least one will probably never ride again, possibly all since they stopped cycling them daily.

the-reason14

Man I miss WOL. I wasn't a big fan of it back in the day when it was bustling with people kinda like the land is today. But I do remember one christmas trip back in 2004. Everywhere you went, there were crowds and crowds of people. You'd think they'd go in WOL too. But nope, it was pretty much dead each time we went in there. It was so nice to have the place to ourselves and get away from the crowds. I remember enjoying walking through the line of body wars and riding it, something I never did back when it was popular. Cranium Command all of that. I loved it. I really wish they'd gut it and come up with something amazing rather then just leave it as a special events space. It wasn't build for that before, why should it be for that now?

Bravo 229

On a recent podcast, I recall hearing that the Body Wars simulators have been used for parts to Star Tours in the past, when they were needed.

Make sure to check out Martin's WoL tribute, it is excellent, as well as all of his other videos - they are very informative and well produced!

raven

Cranium Command is very much intact save for obvious lack of maintenence. The films are still in each projector, Buzzy is still hanging out in his chair and there are even a few neon lights still illuminated. I'd post a recent picture of Buzzy but photobucket is down for repair at the moment. So that will come later.

Body Wars is more in a sad shape. Pieces of the simulators were ripped out (inside and out) and supposedly are being used for spare parts for Star Tours. But every simulator is still there. Each are housed in their own soundproof room (about the size of a small gym) and are being used for storage for Future World East attraction vehicles and parts. The queue is still pretty much in tact and was being used for NextGen testing but I believe they are wrapping up now. It's actually spotless in there!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I want to see them make a wonders of life exibit in Innoventions with Cranium Command and body wars. Then I wound have to walk thru the road to tomorrow without coming to a stop.

thewhitequeen

On a recent podcast, I recall hearing that the Body Wars simulators have been used for parts to Star Tours in the past, when they were needed.

Make sure to check out Martin's WoL tribute, it is excellent, as well as all of his other videos - they are very informative and well produced!

I had never heard of this and just checked it out. I agree with you - what a great site!

Body Wars was the only ride that made me physically sick so I only went on it once, but I really enjoyed the pavillion. Too bad they closed it!

loveofamouse

I remember when I was in school, middle school I think, we took some tour at Epcot and got to go underneath BW while it was in motion. That was the COOLEST thing, in my eyes. I've always had eyes for the technical side of things. My classmates didn't find it interesting but I was fascinated and just stood there watching the Sim go lol

GeneralKnowledge

Cranium Command was a true masterpiece of comedy. I have the audio on my iPod and listen to it regularly.

"It's WHOLE milk!..... These guys are SERIOUS!"

raven

Don't go in unless you want to be scared by Buzzy and his lazy eye.

1001100556.jpg

:lol: Yep. That's the state he's in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom