Are all pools heated?

Homer fan

Original Poster
Don't count on it. As much as I love Stormalong Bay, the two times I stayed there in 2014 and 2018 that whole pool was not heated in the slightest. It was actually very cold in some parts even that I avoided swimming in those sections. The website claims it's supposed to be heated year round but this isn't the case there. I think something broke and they won't fix it for whatever reason. Now, it was in May that I went both times but even then some days it was only 75-78 degrees and it would have felt better if it had been heated. We also stayed at Grand Floridian on one of those same trips and their pools were heated, even in May. Not too warm but just enough to not feel so cold when you got in and it was very nice. I can't speak for the quiet pools at Beach Club because I never swam in those but Stormalong Bay was just too cold for me at times, especially in the evenings. 2014 and 2018--too many years apart to have the same problem for the same pool so I'm gonna say no for now. I would like to know when you get back if it was heated because then we'll know if they only do it in the colder months or not.
Thanks...I'll let you know

Club Cooloholic

Don't count on it. As much as I love Stormalong Bay, the two times I stayed there in 2014 and 2018 that whole pool was not heated in the slightest. It was actually very cold in some parts even that I avoided swimming in those sections. The website claims it's supposed to be heated year round but this isn't the case there. I think something broke and they won't fix it for whatever reason. Now, it was in May that I went both times but even then some days it was only 75-78 degrees and it would have felt better if it had been heated. We also stayed at Grand Floridian on one of those same trips and their pools were heated, even in May. Not too warm but just enough to not feel so cold when you got in and it was very nice. I can't speak for the quiet pools at Beach Club because I never swam in those but Stormalong Bay was just too cold for me at times, especially in the evenings. 2014 and 2018--too many years apart to have the same problem for the same pool so I'm gonna say no for now. I would like to know when you get back if it was heated because then we'll know if they only do it in the colder months or not.
It might be heated but with stormaloung having so much moving water there are bound to be cold spots.

BoarderPhreak

Yes. Property-wide maintained at 82º. Of course, in the summer, it may very well be warmer... 🤮

They are - I think to 82 degrees - but the air will still be 62 when you get out!
Funny story... Staying off-property, way back in the 80s during one of the serious cold snaps (I believe it was 1989). Got out of the hot tub, wrapped a towel around myself and sprinted back to the room (all outside). By the time I got there, I was covered head to toe in icicles, hair was frozen solid - as was the towel around me. I had to "break" it off. LOL... Good times.

NYwdwfan

Yes. Property-wide maintained at 82º. Of course, in the summer, it may very well be warmer... 🤮

Funny story... Staying off-property, way back in the 80s during one of the serious cold snaps (I believe it was 1989). Got out of the hot tub, wrapped a towel around myself and sprinted back to the room (all outside). By the time I got there, I was covered head to toe in icicles, hair was frozen solid - as was the towel around me. I had to "break" it off. LOL... Good times.
That's pretty funny. My kids went in Stormalong Bay one trip and the air temp was in the 60's. When they got out I had them dry off then take fresh dry towels to wrap themselves for the walk back to the room. I was scared the wet towels would freeze!

Phonedave

We made that mistake in Iceland. In the hot tub on our deck, we went to go back inside. Didn't realize the deck had turned into a skating rink from the spillover.

I don't think they had the heaters on at the Carousel pool at SSR last weekend. That pool was well below 82 F

Victor Kelly

Can be hit or miss. I know POPs pools were supposed to be heated. But even if they are you are gonna be cold when you get out. That is why they close the water parks on cold days. I would just skip the pools.

stratman50th

People who state that the pools definitely are not heated, are you going by how the water feels, or are you checking the thermometer? How the water temperature feels to you is subjective. My wife wants it like bathtub water even in the summer. I want it to feel cooler when it's hot. 82 degrees isn't body temp. warm.

HouCuseChickie

We stayed at YC several years ago during a November trip. Temps had dipped into the 40s and nobody was swimming, for the most part. We saw a couple of teens one of the days do down the slide and their reaction upon entering the pool was that of people taking a polar bear plunge. :hilarious: On the flip side, we stayed at WL one time...temps were down into the 30s...and it was very clear from the visible steam on the pool at night (as well as the people swimming)...that the heat was on.

ninjaprincesst

I remember staying at CBR during a December cold snap and laughing on my way past the pool at nigh because of the cold air and the heated pool and all the steam rising up, it looked like people were in a big pot cooking. I realize the pool is nice and warm but that long trek back to your room afterwards will be so cold.

juniorthomas

We are heading to Beach club on Saturday and the forecast is saying it will only be 62 degrees!
Went to WDW in December one year and it was a miserable, overcast 60 degrees. We chose not to swim. Went to WDW in December in a different year and it was a sunny 62 degrees. We did swim and it was lovely. There was no breeze, which certainly helped. Here's hoping you have sunny days on your trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom