Are all Fries at Disney World fried in soybean oil?

Rsj88

Original Poster
I am supposed to be avoiding soy. I have been looking at the allergy menus I could find and it looks like all the quick service places say to avoid fries :( I would love some advice from anyone with a soy allergy on yummy soy free options or maybe things to avoid. Thanks!!!

disneygeek90

I am supposed to be avoiding soy. I have been looking at the allergy menus I could find and it looks like all the quick service places say to avoid fries :( I would love some advice from anyone with a soy allergy on yummy soy free options or maybe things to avoid. Thanks!!!
I think all restaurants and even smaller food stands have allergy books with them at all times that you can ask for. Cast members are always used to dealing with dietary restrictions and should be able to accommodate.

Baldy

I feel your pain.
I need to avoid soy and meat. Very limiting :(
I’ve found most of the sit-down restaurants to be accommodating. The problem with the QS places is that they cook everything in soybean oil.

Baldy

I feel your pain.
I’ve found most of the sit-down restaurants to be accommodating. The problem with the QS places is that they cook everything in soybean oil.
I was told they were, but one place baked me some a number of years ago. I can’t remember where.

Rsj88

Original Poster
I feel your pain.
This is very helpful! I was trying to find confirmation somewhere that they fried everything in soy. :( I’ll have to eat lots of salads I guess and bring my own dressing.

Rsj88

Original Poster
I was told they were, but one place baked me some a number of years ago. I can’t remember where.
Rainforest Cafe baked some FF's for me because I have a shrimp allergy and the wanted to be sure there was no cross contamination.
Thanks! FFs are my favorite!!!! But if I can’t eat them for every meal on our trip, maybe I’ll actually lose weight this trip!

mouse_luv

Yes, most of the deep fried things like chicken tenders and french fries are made in soybean oil. I'm soybean sensitive and it made me really sick (because they used to always cook in veggie or canola oil in the parks), and then I discovered that it's made in soybean oil, so I can't eat that anymore when we do QS. Some places can bake some for you (as someone previously mentioned). I have other allergies so I always ask at QS to talk to manager and they help me out with things safe for me to eat.

Good luck!

Nope, most of the eateries in WDW use Canola Oil. Asian based restaurants use Peanut Oil because of it's higher smoke point.
Who ever said Soybean Oil lied.

Baldy

I was one of the people who posted earlier in the thread. In my defence, I WAS told by the cast member that the oil was not safe for soy allergies. This would have been 2016ish.
Now it is much easier to find out since Disney has soy-friendly meals indicated on their online menus. Scrolling through though, I did notice that some places (e.g., Restaurantosaurus) serve apple slices instead of fries as the side on their soy-allergy friendly options. I have no idea if this is because of the oil, the fries or some other cross contamination issue. I find it’s always best to check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom