Arctic Themed Coaster Announced for 2020

HoldenC

Original Poster
I wonder if this is replacing the Wild Arctic area.....
They have construction walls up near the Mango Joe's area at the end of the path that takes you from Wild Arctic to Bayside. Will be interesting to see just exactly where this coaster is built.

lazyboy97o

I wonder if this is replacing the Wild Arctic area.....
It is not. Water management permits have already been filed showing the ride area. It will be between Mango Joe’s and the water. Hopefully the whole area will be rethemed to better match the arctic setting.

HoldenC

Original Poster
It is not. Water management permits have already been filed showing the ride area. It will be between Mango Joe’s and the water. Hopefully the whole area will be rethemed to better match the arctic setting.

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

aladdin2007

Polar beare themed? Can't wait! SEA already has the best coaster line-up in Orlando.

I do wish they would built more animal enclosures, or return my undersea garden. The 457-coasters park already exist with Busch, and after a while one tires of coasters. There are only so many I need during a day.

I agree I would like to see more animal habitats or another dark ride or something etc, than just coaster after coaster. I think they are trying to get away from animal enclosures as much as possible.... Wild arctic needs a redo, it is just sad walking through there, there is nothing in there anymore but one lonely walrus and a beluga whale or something? I couldnt even believe it was still open, it was totally empty and void. I felt really bad for the walrus.

lazyboy97o

I'm excited, sounds cool! I'm surprised they would build a coaster so close to Shamu Stadium though. Whales and dolphins are sensitive to noise and this could get very bad press.
Local animal care personnel typically have a very large say it what gets built at the parks, so I imagine this was reviewed by the orca team.

Bairstow

Polar beare themed? Can't wait! SEA already has the best coaster line-up in Orlando.

Arctic bird themed, and people studying the permits speculate that the coaster is going to be an S&S/Premier Skyrocket similar to Tigris at Busch Gardens or Electric Eel in San Diego, though with a sliding block station and longer layout, like Zombie.

Magic Feather

Arctic bird themed, and people studying the permits speculate that the coaster is going to be an S&S/Premier Skyrocket similar to Tigris at Busch Gardens or Electric Eel in San Diego, though with a sliding block station and longer layout, like Zombie.
Tigris/Eel/Tempesto are Premier Skyrocket II’s, this is just a Skyrocket IIRC. Pull out of station, launch backwards, then forwards then backwards, and finally forwards over the top hat (ala the beginning of the Skyrocket II’s). Then a few airtime hills, turns, and a sort-of inversion.

celluloid

I agree I would like to see more animal habitats or another dark ride or something etc, than just coaster after coaster. I think they are trying to get away from animal enclosures as much as possible.... Wild arctic needs a redo, it is just sad walking through there, there is nothing in there anymore but one lonely walrus and a beluga whale or something? I couldnt even believe it was still open, it was totally empty and void. I felt really bad for the walrus.

Currently three Walruses with one on the way from Garfield and Kaboodle. Do not feel bad for the well taken care of aninals.

joanna71985

I am looking forward to the new coaster

Wild Arctic has 4 walruses (soon to be 5), 2 belugas, and several harbor seals

UpAllNight

Sucker for a B&M. I’d have preferred a wing coaster but good to see investment either way. I think the Seseme Street Port Aventura shooter is a no brainier for them (it’s fantastic by the way...best shooter I’ve been on)

HoldenC

Original Poster
Work is well underway for the new ride! Pics as of today July 20, 2019.

67173805_10216449984156229_1584987273189916672_o.jpg

HoldenC

Original Poster
Surprised more hasn’t come out on this. I’m assuming BGW’s Pantheon teaser/reveal schedule unintentionally conflicted? SeaWorld P&E still has much to officially announce for 2020. Between all of the SeaWorld Parks’s coasters and the official info dump on RMC Gwazi at BGT, there is much to look forward to!
Thanks for the tidbits. 2020 is an exciting time to be a theme park fan!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom