Arctic Themed Coaster Announced for 2020

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Looks cool to me. :)

cheezbat

Glad to see this going vertical. It should be a big year for the SeaWorld parks here in Florida with 2 new coasters opening in 2020.

Big year for Sea World parks for sure...not only are all the parks getting coasters, but the Aquatica parks are getting new slides as well as one being converted to a new Sesame Place (and can’t forget Adventure Island’s new slide!). I think the only park not getting something is Water Country USA.

While Ice Breaker isn’t my ideal new coaster for Sea World Orlando, I’m glad they’re at least getting something unique.

SplashJacket

Thanks for the tidbits. 2020 is an exciting time to be a theme park fan!!
My god did this age poorly.

Only bumping because I was looking for an Ice Breaker thread and found this.

If anyone is interested in construction updates Midway Mayhem has been documenting the coaster very thoroughly for a long time. Now it's basically just setting there ready.

Animaniac93-98

My god did this age poorly.

Only bumping because I was looking for an Ice Breaker thread and found this.

If anyone is interested in construction updates Midway Mayhem has been documenting the coaster very thoroughly for a long time. Now it's basically just setting there ready.

Has been for months. I have no idea why.

jeanericuser001

Has been for months. I have no idea why.
They are essentially putting them on hold until the pandemic is completely over. Then when everyone is trying to make cash fast by bringing in people by the truck load, they will open it up. If the delta variant had not picked up so hard then likely ice breaker would be making shaved us but now but instead its collecting bird droppings. Even then though Im not so sure its gonna be the big money maker draw they hope it to be. Currently the rides with the most people are the water rides not the coasters. Even though atlantis is in bad shape it can still bring in 90 minute waits which certainly beats Mako which is half that. Don't get me started on infinity falls. That ride even at the later part of the evening it can still bring in more people than most rides in the park combined. Alas ice breaker is just collecting rust and will likely continue to collect it until some time next summer.

jeanericuser001

Believe it when I see it. These rides have had multiple announcements of when they will open only for it to be pushed back repeatedly. Typically these serve to merely keep people interested in the ride despite the fact that other theme parks have already released new rides that are likely to garner far greater attention.

Tom Morrow

These coaster designs where you launch back and forth a few times to fill out ride time while saving money on coaster track should be reserved for smaller regional parks, not destination parks. I don't understand why so many major parks are adding them.

lazyboy97o

These coaster designs where you launch back and forth a few times to fill out ride time while saving money on coaster track should be reserved for smaller regional parks, not destination parks. I don't understand why so many major parks are adding them.
They’re cheaper. They get to brag about having “multiple” launches without paying the extra couple million for each of those launches. They also pay for less steel.

Tom Morrow

They’re cheaper. They get to brag about having “multiple” launches without paying the extra couple million for each of those launches. They also pay for less steel.

Yeah I know. They're cheaper, hence intended for smaller parks. Then again, SeaWorld hasn't exactly been raking in the dough lately.

matt9112

Yeah I know. They're cheaper, hence intended for smaller parks. Then again, SeaWorld hasn't exactly been raking in the dough lately.

I dont see an issue here...especially with the placement of this one. Its a net gain. It really is a great addition when you look at the other rides at this park. It brings far more variety to the park. What else are you going to fit in this foot print? Plus we can hope project penguin moves forward in the future.

Tom Morrow

I dont see an issue here...especially with the placement of this one. Its a net gain. It really is a great addition when you look at the other rides at this park. It brings far more variety to the park. What else are you going to fit in this foot print? Plus we can hope project penguin moves forward in the future.

It can be surprising what coasters can fit where with only a little effort. I never thought Velocicoaster could fit where it did and be as long as it is. SeaWorld could have, instead, saved the money for another world class coaster instead of one intended for small regional parks.

matt9112

It can be surprising what coasters can fit where with only a little effort. I never thought Velocicoaster could fit where it did and be as long as it is. SeaWorld could have, instead, saved the money for another world class coaster instead of one intended for small regional parks.

They can do both to be fair. I dint think Tigris is a bad fit? Granted thats far better use of space than this.

I can understand being underwhelmed but i think its an ok move.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom