Arabian Nights is closing...

luv

Original Poster
Tickets are half-price now and the last show is on New Year's Eve. That's all I know. That's what they said on the news. :)

freediverdude

The Sentinel article said bulk wholesalers purchased most of their tickets. How can that be? Was their business mostly part of a package or something?

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
The Sentinel article said bulk wholesalers purchased most of their tickets. How can that be? Was their business mostly part of a package or something?

I think most of their tickets were purchased by those people who operate booths along I-Drive and sell to the less discerning tourists. That and hotel concierges.

luv

Original Poster
In fairness, it's been there hanging on for 25 years. Although I do remember going many years ago and liking medieval times way more.
I wasn't being unfair. It is/was an unpopular dinner show. That's just a fact - not an opinion and not unfair in any way.

I'm glad they had a good run and wish them luck on whatever they do next!

toolsnspools

They were the kind of place that gave you free chips and salsa and charged $10 for a soda and $15 for a beer. My daughters liked the horses though.

Slipknot

All I'll miss is the cool looking sign at a corner where I-4 and Osceola Parkway cross by Gaylord Palms (if it's still there, haven't driven by there in a while). First and only time there was in the mid/late-90's and my dad almost choked on the steak. He said it tasted like shoe leather. TBO, I don't see how it hung around so long.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
All I'll miss is the cool looking sign at a corner where I-4 and Osceola Parkway cross by Gaylord Palms (if it's still there, haven't driven by there in a while). First and only time there was in the mid/late-90's and my dad almost choked on the steak. He said it tasted like shoe leather. TBO, I don't see how it hung around so long.

The sign is still there! (For now!!)

alissafalco

Aren't things like this common rewards for taking a timeshare tour?

Yes, exactly. We got a call a couple of years ago if we sat through some time share we would get free tickets to Arabian nights and 3 nights very cheap at some place I had never heard of. We didn't do it, but that was part of the reward.

SirLink

Loads of the Orlando timeshares used tickets for the dinner shows as a freebie for upgrading/buying in. The better ones offered as well theme park tickets to Disney/Uni/SeaWorld as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom