Aquatica - Dangerous lack of shade?

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
Hi All,

when me and my fiance went in 2008 i believe it was when the water park first opened, my fiance got badly burnt and had a rash all over... it was due to lack of shade on the park.. has this changed?

her skin is sensitive and i think we will stick with Disney water parks if the shade hasn't improved..

(p.s she was wearing strong sun block)

Crazydisneyfanluke

The trees have grown somewhat. There still not much shade over most of the rapids (dont go on the lazy river). There is some shade but keep in mind it is florida. If your outside you will get sunburned. Even on a cloudy day. Also make sure to reapply your sun block.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hi All,

when me and my fiance went in 2008 i believe it was when the water park first opened, my fiance got badly burnt and had a rash all over... it was due to lack of shade on the park.. has this changed?

her skin is sensitive and i think we will stick with Disney water parks if the shade hasn't improved..

(p.s she was wearing strong sun block)
Your fiancé getting badly burnt was due to a lack of sunscreen not shade. If you are going to be outside all day, shade or no shade, you should use sunscreen and reapply often.

Last edited:

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
we were fine in the other parks, over the whole 2 weeks... half way through the day it started appearing... it was definately exposure to the sun.. plenty of sunblock.

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
i think it was most likely heat rash...but there really was no shade apart from the "beach" section where they had umbrella loungers.. but the lazy river / water pools / walk ways had no cover... apologies for double post btw.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
we were fine in the other parks, over the whole 2 weeks... half way through the day it started appearing... it was definately exposure to the sun.. plenty of sunblock.

Then she either has a sun allergy or the sunblock triggered one. Either way you're going to get sunburned, regardless if it's a bright sunny day or it's a cloudy one.

Donald Razorduck

if your out in the sun. you get burnt. even if you do have sunblock its not going to protect you 100%

Either you had sunscreen that after several days of exposure caused a rash. My daughter has this reaction with certain brands. Or...you didn't apply it right, often enough or had a defective product.

We live on a lake during the summers. There's no shade outside a small canopy on the boat or hat. We make sure we are protected at all times as I have had a run in with melanoma in my 20s. We never burn and spend hours on end in a boat.

I just don't get how this is Aquatica's issue and not yours.

Ragerunner

We actually think Aquatica has a lot of shade. The best shaded water park in the region, in my opinion, is Adventure Island at Busch Gardens. Blizzard Beach and Wet n Wild are probably the worst.

deere839

The trees have grown in alot since 2008 if you want to find a good place to sit thats shaded its either by the lazy river near the entrance or rent a cabana.

DarthMileZ

Original Poster
The trees have grown in alot since 2008 if you want to find a good place to sit thats shaded its either by the lazy river near the entrance or rent a cabana.

thanks for confirmation, it was new in 2008 so im guessing thats why it had like zero shade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom