AP's on monthly plan charged for the closed 4 months

deeevo

Original Poster
Check your bank accounts and credit cards. My wife was just charged for the past 4 months all at once. On hold now with the AP hotline.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I'm seeing this also. I just talked to a cast member through chat support and they told me that the system "went through some magical enhancements that caused this challenge".

They also said they didn't know how it would be resolved or when (but I'm glad to see on here that refunds are being issued).

note2001

I'm seeing this also. I just talked to a cast member through chat support and they told me that the system "went through some magical enhancements that caused this challenge".

They also said they didn't know how it would be resolved or when (but I'm glad to see on here that refunds are being issued).
The true definition of "magical" as uttered by any Disney employee is the opposite of what the rest of the world thinks.
Makes you wonder when they wish us "Have a magical day" at the end of every call.

note2001

This oopsie charge doesn't surprise me, why would it surprise them?
We knew they've been screwing up left and right with how they handled reservations and the APs... even DVC saw this cascading through as Jambo omitted from opening/not opening/opening, and now not opening for an indeterminate amount of time.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER DISNEY!

Make decisions and stick by them. Communicate to all your employees clearly.

It takes one person to go into the code and make the designed changes, in this case it was probably a team of two coders, followed up with a manager, a tester and a person to roll it out. Why did none of these folk notice a potential problem?

Will Disney blame these 4 or 5 people or absorb the failure as a company and continue to support the IT department? That's what will show what kind of Disney we're dealing with today. I certainly hope it's the latter.

note2001

Did they turn if off and on again?
My bet is someone went into the production system and shut it off, but the change was never made in the development side. A roll out of new code undid the changes and cause those charges to resume.

Last edited:

Paper straw fan

Yeah while it will be fixed at some point, having a hold on peoples accounts over a holiday weekend, especially in the current situation... not good. If this put me in a serious financial pickle, I’d likely do all I could to stop payment on this, permanently.

techgeek

If this affected *all* payment plan APs, yeah that’s a huge oops. Especially bad timing, and especially not to long after promising people a way too cancel their passes and then providing this ‘surprise’ instead.

I know Disney’s good for it, and I have it on a card that’s paid off monthly so it’s not a big deal to me... but I’d be furious if this put a hold on ‘real’ money.

JohnD

Yep, I see it’s pending. I already requested my March credit be backed out. Now I’m charged April-July. So when the hell is my pass going to be extended? Park reservation system is open. My pass expires 10/11. My trip begins 10/19. WTH?!!!!’

Last edited:

Hcalvert

This oopsie charge doesn't surprise me, why would it surprise them?
We knew they've been screwing up left and right with how they handled reservations and the APs... even DVC saw this cascading through as Jambo omitted from opening/not opening/opening, and now not opening for an indeterminate amount of time.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER DISNEY!

Make decisions and stick by them. Communicate to all your employees clearly.

It takes one person to go into the code and make the designed changes, in this case it was probably a team of two coders, followed up with a manager, a tester and a person to roll it out. Why did none of these folk notice a potential problem?

Will Disney blame these 4 or 5 people or absorb the failure as a company and continue to support the IT department? That's what will show what kind of Disney we're dealing with today. I certainly hope it's the latter.
Is Jambo closed again? I am supposed to stay there starting July 10.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I’m one of them.

Attachments

• 5C48D988-F2B4-4D63-B0BA-0D82A996C842.jpeg
    5C48D988-F2B4-4D63-B0BA-0D82A996C842.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 196

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom