April11th WDW News Update (WITH LOTS OF M:S INFO!!!)

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Ok, lets start right out with the Mission Space info.

1. ....44''......That will be the min height to ride. For reference that is the same as Space Mountain. In the post show area there will be a large (3 story) playground with tunnels and nets and fake rocks, all themed to space, and will be for our under 44'' guests only. Our child swap area will be right next to it as well, and the child swap will work as it does at Test Track.

2. The queue area of the International Space Training Center will have some borrowed peices of actual space vehicals on loan from NASA. Then guests will enter the first of 2 preshows. they will be grouped into 40 at this time. Then they will be grouped into parties of 4 and enter the next preshow. Then the Ride. Then the Postshow. the Postshow will have the playground mentioned earlier and the well talked about on this site "Space Race Game'' This game will seat about 60 at a time. You need not ride the ride to Ride this attraction. Then you will exit via a picture area and then finally a gift shop about the size of the one at RnR Coaster.

3. There will be know Ride Photo on this attraction. However there is a place to get your pic in space in the postshow area. It will like the one in Imagination.

4. This attraction will need aroun 20-25 castmembers at a time to operate, making it the largest Attraction in Epcot, but no were near the 90 CM's it takes to run Safaries at AK.

5. There will be a wave of CM's transfered in May. This will only be for Test and Adjust. It will not be enough to operate the ride for any length of time. So Soft openings are a possibility, HOWEVER, they would very very limited, to like 40 at a time. They wouldnt even be able to do Cast Member Previews, unless it was restricted to a small # of CM's, like only management. The next wave of transfers will be in mid July. One these CM's are all trained by the end of July, the entire 90-100 Cast Members needed to open would be in place.

END FACTS, BEGIN OPIONION

This leads me to think that the EARLIEST date of a ''true soft opening'' would be August 1st. Cat previews may come first, pushing this date back a week or two. Expect a few weeks soft openings to really do real guest Test and Adjust. Then finally my guess would be for an official opening date to be around Labour Day Weekend. I know that most would thing that the summer would be better, as Sept kicks off the 2 and half slowest months of the year. But if you are going to have a few bugs to work out, this is the time to do it. not when you have 2 hour waits of hot and tired summer guest, that will not like it if one of the 4 chambers goes 101 and there wait time increases another 45 min.
So thats just what I think based on what I know.

Moving on, I have lots more to talk about.

Alein/Stitch rehab. Its a go!! Opening Summer 2004. Not big news, as it has already been mentioned here, but I dont beleive anything till I hear it from my sources and I heard about so now I beleieve it. I have no other details on it, however.

Disney Now Hiring!! Mentioned before, I know but I have more details. Full Time 3rd shift custodial, Part Time and Seasonal Food and Beverage, Merch, Attractions, Stewards, and Culinary. And always Lifeguerds. Casting was originally just hiring the Lifeguesrd and PT/Seasonal Food and Beverage.

The transefer freeze and no overtime freeze has also been lifted. There are 100's of open shifts property wide the next to weeks. May might be a defferent story, however.

Blizard Beach reopened. Nice and clean, nothing new however.

Sad news at DAK, we lost the fetus of the Baby Elephant. I guess Little Red is NOT ok.
Ok, sorry about that tastless joke. I am sorry.

Wetzels is now open at West Side. Not much to report here. They sell Pretzels. Good ones, one would hope.

The walls are coming down at the Sorcorers Hat today at the Disney/MGM Studios. Didn't get a chance to get over there, sorry, sombody else please take this one and give as a report.

Great Movie Ride reopenig date changed agian. But this time in a good way. June 27th now, not th 29th. No idea why.

As Mentioned before CoP and Timkeeper to reopen on the 13th till the 24th. However what was not mentioned was the hours of operation, witch are good, much better then the 10-5/11-6 ones of last summer. 9am to 9pm. not bad?

ToonTown will not be opening at 10 during the 830 early openings of the MK during the 13th to 24th. Barnstormer will open at 9am. Meet and Greets at 930am.

Now serving Kosher foods at Cosmic Rays. Not sure what our Jewish guests had for choices before this. Could anyone enlighten me?

For all those going to MK on Earth Day this year, (22nd of April for all those environmentally challanged out there), Go to the Old Swan Boat docks just East ( thats left ) of the Castle Hub ( the park ) Not only will you learn about what WDW does to help the environment, But you will get a VERY RARE chance to Meet and Greet with Jiminy Cricket, our mascot of environmentallity.
Oh, yeah the best part, FREE button!!!!

And now that concludes this weeks update. Please gather up your personal belongings and take small children by the hand.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

What Disney Attraction(s) opened on April 12th 1992????

For those coming this week to WDW, welcome and expect traditional Easter week crowds. The War and Recession is not effecting park attendance enough where you could notice any difference with prevouis years. Lets all Drink to Disney having a GREAT $$$$ week and getting back to where we should be, BUILDING and EXPANDING!!!!

:)

mandib

Thanks again. Would you happen to know if Pal Mickey is ready to rent. I'm leaving tomorrow so I can't wait to see what the hat looks like!

castlecake2.0

Thanks again for the update FLCM! The Mission Space news sounds good!
Do you have any info on PhillarMagic???

For the Disney Question, Im pretty sure its Disneyland Paris.

-Tyler
:king:

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by mandib
Thanks again. Would you happen to know if Pal Mickey is ready to rent. I'm leaving tomorrow so I can't wait to see what the hat looks like!

I beleive the target date is sometime in May.

FLcastmember

Original Poster
Originally posted by castlecake2.0
Thanks again for the update FLCM! The Mission Space news sounds good!
Do you have any info on PhillarMagic???

For the Disney Question, Im pretty sure its Disneyland Paris.

-Tyler
:king:

Nope, sorry, I got nothing on Phil, but that has kinda been my goal, to find out more, maybe in next weeks post.

And yes, your right, DLP and all its Attractions opened to guest 11 years ago tommorrow. (SAT the 12th)

DisneyCP2000

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:
WOW! Thanks for the great info! I feel so clued in whenever you give the latest scoop in WDW. Thanks again!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dxwwf3

Thanks for the great update. I was hoping for a MS July soft opening but oh well. That dosen't come close to upsetting me as much as the AE/Stitch change. I never have a negative attitude on Disney and I am even happy with the new cheap rides that have been put up in Dinoland and Adventureland (no name to protect the innocent :animwink: ). But this really upsets me. Once again the teenagers get the shaft at Disney. Thank goodness for IOA. About 4 years ago I couldn't imagine leaving WDW property. But now I gladly leave a day for IOA and could probably take another. At least I know that Spiderman won't be changed into "The Great Teletubbies Adventure". And Jurassic Park River Adventure won't magically turn into "The Barney and Friends Super Duper Water Ride". Yes I know Disney could do a good job with the rehab but I am still upset and I will definately do my part in letting Disney know what kind of mistake they are making. I am sure quite a few of you disagree with me but honestly there are other places to put Stitch (besides the dumpster :animwink: ). Oh well sorry for the rant thanks for the update.

imagineerfan

Hiring Lifeguards

I saw in your post that they are always in need of lifeguards at WDW. I am already a lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross, but do you know if WDW accepts this certification? Do they pay the lifeguards well? Any info would be greatly appreciated. It would be cool to work there as a guard even if I live really far away. Thanks for any info.

Dan

Tarzan266

AE/Stitch Rehab

I think that the AE/Stitch rehab is a good idea. Alien Encounters is great but I think that it could use an update. People know this attraction too well. I think Stitch is a mischievous enough character to still get guests jumping in their seats. This should be an entertaining attraction for people of all ages.

Quentin Disney

Originally posted by FLcastmember

The walls are coming down at the Sorcorers Hat today at the Disney/MGM Studios. Didn't get a chance to get over there, sorry, sombody else please take this one and give as a report.

I worked there today. It feels a bit different under the hat now. The swirly things are pretty neat, but I wish they would light up. They added lights on the hat to illumnate it at night. Other than that, the only major change under the hat is the addition of two cast registers (which should REALLY help us w/ major pin releases) and two build-a-pin machines. The registers are really neat as they descend down under the counter when we don't need them. Pin traders could use the space that the register was on for their bags and what not.

The only problem is that the kiosks for 100YOM block pretty much most of the elements. They are gone now and I don't know how its going to feel when it gets to winter. This place is like a WINDTUNNEL on windy days. I've seen some characters flying by like Piglet some days.:lol:

In unrelated news, I saw the coolest thing to own at WDW. The Magical Moments Triva Game. While this is similar to the MM Game that activates certain parts when walking around the park, this one does the same, only with triva questions. So, if you're rolling around say Epcot, you are going to get questions based on that particular area you're going through. I found it very addictive and at times hard. There are 1500 questions ranging from General Disney to the parks. It's $15 and pocket-sized for playing in the parks. I might have to buy me one of these some day?

Bryy2001

Re: Hiring Lifeguards

Originally posted by imagineerfan
I saw in your post that they are always in need of lifeguards at WDW. I am already a lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross, but do you know if WDW accepts this certification? Do they pay the lifeguards well? Any info would be greatly appreciated. It would be cool to work there as a guard even if I live really far away. Thanks for any info.

Dan

Disney actually only accepts Ellis Lifeguard Certification, not American Red Cross.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom