April trips canceled by Disney?

Miss Bella

If your hospitals have any ventilators not in use, NYC and New Orleans who have not reached their peak can surely use it. And that's NO LIE.
We have lots of ventilators not being used. I think it's unfortunate that people think hospitals all of the country are at max capacity, overflowing with COVID 19 patients You do realize some states have hardly any cases. I believe we have less than 1500 positive cases in a state of 7 million people.
Forgive me for questioning the media. I honestly don't know how people just assume everything there being fed is true. I follow the rules and do what I'm supposed to do, but I certainly have the right to question everything.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
We have lots of ventilators not being used. I think it's unfortunate that people think hospitals all of the country are at max capacity, overflowing with COVID 19 patients You do realize some states have hardly any cases. I believe we have less than 1500 positive cases in a state of 7 million people.
Forgive me for questioning the media. I honestly don't know how people just assume everything there being fed is true. I follow the rules and do what I'm supposed to do, but I certainly have the right to question everything.

Don't have cases because they're not testing.

imsosarah

Most people do not believe that ALL hospitals are currently struggling, but if you believe you only have 1500 positive cases then you aren't educating yourself fully and just trusting certain media. There are no tests in most areas - and in many low case states, testing is limited with crazy rules. There are benefits to stating low cases...even if it is a lie...

There are a number of hosptials that are maxed out - but not all of them.

The "rule" for accurate number of infections is the number of deaths x 800-2500 (depending on population demographics and healthcare quality globally) and that gives you an accurate look at number of infections 2-3 weeks previously.

This will eventually go across the nation, and since it takes 20-30 days before someone needs medical care from time of infection - and many infected will be super spreaders because they will have zero symptons

imsosarah

No we actually have drive through testing at our hospital with 5 drive through testing slots. Sorry try again.
You still have to "qualify" and it is not easy. A pt with international travel, symptoms and negative flu test can be declined a test as recently as a week ago in most states.

Miss Bella

I mean, you haven’t. Someone else asked you as well and you didn’t respond either. But you do you.
I said I lived in the 5th largest city. I don't normally give out info online, but I live in AZ. We're not the only state experiencing low census in hospitals. It's just not something you'll hear on the news.

Miss Bella

Most people do not believe that ALL hospitals are currently struggling, but if you believe you only have 1500 positive cases then you aren't educating yourself fully and just trusting certain media. There are no tests in most areas - and in many low case states, testing is limited with crazy rules. There are benefits to stating low cases...even if it is a lie...

There are a number of hosptials that are maxed out - but not all of them.

The "rule" for accurate number of infections is the number of deaths x 800-2500 (depending on population demographics and healthcare quality globally) and that gives you an accurate look at number of infections 2-3 weeks previously.

This will eventually go across the nation, and since it takes 20-30 days before someone needs medical care from time of infection - and many infected will be super spreaders because they will have zero symptons
Maybe you need educate yourself. The whole purpose of this stupid shut down was to prevent surges apparently it's working in some states. Enough said.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I said I lived in the 5th largest city. I don't normally give out info online, but I live in AZ. We're not the only state experiencing low census in hospitals. It's just not something you'll hear on the news.

My grandparents live in the same city as you. There have been nearly 21K tests given in AZ. That's not even 1% of the population. There might be many more cases of the virus, but there's no reporting around it. Phoenix also doesn't have the issue with density in terms of population like the other top ten cities. Arizona as a whole has less population density than most of the states, ranking 39th in the nation. So I think that's why you're not seeing an overwhelming number of cases compared to NYC, but in Phoenix, there's barely been any testing done.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Some people seem incapable of extrapolating data and understanding exponential growth. We're just at the beginning of this and it can get a lot worse. If a state has "only 1500" cases it's well on its way to getting overwhelmed unless drastic social distancing measures are taken. Italy had "only 1500" cases a month ago. The cat is out of the bag. Every state or country that is now struggling started with a handful of cases.

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Political Discussion is not allowed outside of the correct forum
It is so sad to see that so many people distrust the media, experts and government to such an extent. Do the media and government officials get it wrong sometimes? Yes, of course. You shouldn't blindly believe everything you hear. But for so many Americans to have such a deep mistrust of these institutions to the point where they don't trust anything they hear is extremely dangerous, especially in a time like this. The deep mistrust caused by a President who calls everything he doesn't like 'fake news' is extremely unsettling and will have long lasting consequences.

Last edited:

Prince-1

I suppose the media is manufacturing empty tourist attractions in Italy and fake stacking of coffins?

It's a conspiracy!!

And I guess that based on fake media reports Disney and Universal went ahead and shut down all their parks losing countless millions. And lets not forget that the NBA, MLB, soccer and all major sports cancelled their seasons. Oh and the 2020 Olympics moved to next year. How about the cruise line industry shutting down or that the entire entertainment industry has been shuttered. Movie studios closed, tv productions closed, movie theaters closed.

Yep, people are ignorant.

bpiper

Maybe you need educate yourself. The whole purpose of this stupid shut down was to prevent surges apparently it's working in some states. Enough said.
Well it looks like your surge is coming... Just a little later than most states..... Your going to be short 95 ICU beds and have 1,400 deaths.

1585845564440.png

1585845822360.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom