April trips canceled by Disney?

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
reportedly guest reservations made for early April are being removed from the My Disney Experience app. anyone out here experince it yet? my June trip is still on there.

DVCakaCarlF

We had a corporate trip for early april and it was canceled minutes before WDW announced its closure...I assumed they already knew more than we all did.

Peter Venkman

Original Poster
inside the magic is saying they are "missing"....it seems no one has received official word from disney yet but it's inevitable.

Hcalvert

I saw this on another forum (sorry if not allowed), but some people are reporting their reservations being cancelled into early May.

I also saw this news story that the FL governor has banned in-restaurant dining until early May.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I saw this on another forum (sorry if not allowed), but some people are reporting their reservations being cancelled into early May.

I also saw this news story that the FL governor has banned in-restaurant dining until early May.

They are cancelling? Or Disney is cancelling?

Ghostdog

My trip for April 7-14 is still showing, although I know deep down in my gut I won’t be going (my daughter is going to be crushed, it’s her senior trip). I’m just waiting until the end of the month when they release a formal extension of the closure before I cancel. Ugh, We were so looking forward to this trip.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Disney is cancelling from what I read in other places. They are receiving refunds and no prior notice as their plans are just "disappearing" from DME. My trip is booked through DVC, so I don't know if they give the owners notification or not.

Thanks for that - I got Coronado in late May. I've not received anything as of yet. But I'll be on the look out. I was waiting until late April to make that decision - unless Disney makes it for me.

celluloid

I do not see any benefit of Disney mass canceling a bunch of coming reservations. Even if they know the park is not going to be open, they hold onto those reservation deposits for as long as possible. Another reason they are not announcing closure length because thing can always be lifted and like a run on the bank, they want to make interest off of all of the money they can hold onto as long as possible.

Last edited:

Lilofan

The planet is stressed out. Which means now more than ever there’s a need for manners.
I agree. States order to shelter in place, millions of Americans laid off and or furloughed that will directly impact their living situation, peoples life savings and current of future retirement plans have plummeted with the stock market, then I agree a need for manners. The real picture is it's easier said than done and the least of my concerns is when or if Disney opens up this year.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I agree and I know that I am worrying about "first world problems." I'm a teacher and my husband is a school bus driver. We have restrictive schedules for vacations. I have a trip booked June 4-18 using rented DVC points. Thankfully, the owner emailed me yesterday and said she would refund my money if the trip gets cancelled. I already had to reschedule my March trip (I was supposed to leave today) to mid-July. That owner told me I would not get a refund under any circumstances. I am at least hoping that the July trip goes forward or I will be out of $1800. I am also lamenting my decision of buying APs that is looking more and more like we will only use once for a 8-night stay. So yes, I don't want to "get that through [my] thick skull already" and hope for the best. I guess I could accept the anxiety that is keeping me up nights over this since I have no control of the matter on top of managing students' anxiety about their routines being interrupted and if they are going to get "it," where they would get their meals from if not at home, and whether or not they will return to school this year at all. Trust me, I fully grasp there are more important things to worry about.
Then my comment does not apply to you. You are the exception not the rule. You get it. I was talking to those who don't. I am sorry to hear about your situation and hope you don't lose out on the money but people are losing their lives, their jobs, ability to pay mortgages and lights and heat, buy food. Someone losing a few grand on a dream vacation I have very little empathy for even though I can be sympathetic. Hope it works out for you.

Lilofan

I don't need sympathy. That's as effective as those people who give thoughts and prayers to shooting victims families and no action otherwise. Thankfully, I am still getting paid and am working remotely 8am-3pm every weekday talking to students and teaching lessons via video chat. Someone at my district has been diagnosed with COVID-19 on Thursday and we were told by the superintendent that the DOH will be contacting those with direct contact, so another thing to worry about. I worry about my students too and their mental health during this. For some, school is the only safe and food-secure place they have and that has been taken away from them. I worry about my 80-year-old grandparents and my 60-year-old dad who are diabetic or in poorer health, who are not necessarily heeding the social distancing rule with fidelity (my dad is retired but to pay his bills, he now shuttles around Amish people to their job sites). So, don't think I or others do not see the "bigger picture." Some of us deal with it by being in fantasy land and thinking about a vacation instead of all this gloom and doom around us. I, myself, am practical and just worry, worry, worry about everything because anxiety is the only thing I have at this time.
I wish you well and I hope we all make it through this sucessfully. In regards to being a school teacher, I know first hand from close family that have gone through teacher layoffs. It's not pleasant.

TeriofTerror

Screenshot_20200322-074921_Facebook~2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom