April-May 2018 Trip

Disneylover152

Original Poster
Hey Howdy Hey!

I’m going to my first trip ever in Disneyland in . So I would like to run down my plans to you guys to help make this trip more magical.

I have posted in the past about my trip (Disneyland Dining Help and Disneyland Trip- 2 Days or 3?) and I have been using those, as well as Fresh Baked, The Dis, and other Disney websites to help me plan this trip. It has been in the planning stages for years. It was July 2015 when I decided I was going to go, and then since then I’ve kept pushing it back to experience something (ex. Let’s wait for Fantasmic to open, let’s wait for Main Street Electrical Parade, let’s wait for Pixar Fest). I was going to go for Christmas 2017, but then at the D23 Expo they announced Pixar Fest with Paint the Night returning and I was like, BOOK IT!

I love planning trips, and I have done all of the planning and booking of the trip, tickets, and restaurant reservations. I love my vacations to be busy, and I hate having a time where I’m not doing anything. I love rides, but I also like to take my time to explore the park’s hidden features and details, as well as meeting characters and seeing shows and parades.

Saturday, April 28: We will be flying from NYC at 11am EST, and will land at Orange County at 4pm PST. We will go to our hotel via Lyft (Anaheim Hilton) and unpack our bags and settle in. After that, we will be taking another Lyft to the Shoreline Village at Long Beach. The beach is both our second favorite places in the world (Disney is our first). We will be exploring the shops and restaurants there, and then watch the sunset. At around 8:30, we will take a Lyft back to the Hotel to watch the fireworks from our balcony at 9:30PM. After the fireworks, we will either explore the hotel or go to sleep for a big day in the parks the next day!

Sunday, April 29: Disneyland Park day! We will be waking up early to get to Disneyland for rope drop at 8am that day. We will be walking across the street to the Toy Story Lot to take the bus to the resort, avoiding the $10 a day shuttle our hotel offers. We will be getting MaxPass for the day, so we will rope drop some rides, download MaxPass, and get a MaxPass ride, and then go to the Carnation Cafe for breakfast at 8:50am. After breakfast, we will wing it until about 1ish. At 1 we will take the monorail to Downtown Disney and eat a late lunch at Rainforest Cafe. It’s our first day Animal Kingdom tradition that we carried over to Disneyland! We will then go back to our hotel to take a nap, and then come back around 5, and wing it in Disneyland some more (no park hopper)! We will watch the Pixar Play Parade at 6pm and then immediately go to our Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package at 6:30pm. Hopefully it’s not under construction since Pirates is closed :(. After dinner, we will wing it some more until Fantasmic (9pm), fireworks (9:30pm), and then wing it the rest of the evening at Disneyland! We aren’t sure how tired/jetlagged we will be, and we might leave immediately after Fireworks, but we aren’t sure yet!

Monday, April 30: This is a Disney California Adventure day! We will get to sleep a little more, but not much since we have breakfast reservations at the Surf’s Up Character Breakfast in the Paradise Pier Hotel at 8:50am. When the breakfast is over, we will be going to Disney California Adventure around 10am, when it opens for the day. We will have MaxPass again today, and will wing it around the park until 2:10pm (dinner at either Flos V8 Cafe or Smokejumpers). We have a Paint the Night reservation at Wine Country Trattoria then. After the reservation we will wing it until about 8:45pm, when Paint the Night starts. The park closes at 9pm, so after Paint the Night, we will explore the park until they kick us out, and then exit into Downtown Disney to spend the rest of the night bowling, at the movies, ESPN Zone, shopping, the Star Wars VOID, or whatever we feel like doing. We also might resort hop now, if time.

Tuesday, May 1: This is our final park day, and will be spent at Disneyland Park. There is little plans about this day, as it's our final day to experience anything. Breakfast will be at our hotel, there’s a starbucks inside! The park opens at 9am, but with a 3 day ticket, we get extra magic hours. So at we will get to the park at 8am and ride Peter Pan’s Flight in Fantasyland and maybe Matterhorn. We have no dining reservations today, but we are looking to eat lunch at French Market and dinner at the Plaza Inn. The rest of the day is a wing it. We may spend time riding rides, seeing shows, or even resort hopping or exploring Downtown Disney. There is fireworks on this night, so we have 3 chances to see them, as I know they get canceled often. The park closes at 10pm, and then we are off to our hotel to pack.

Wednesday, May 2: Our flight takes off at 10am this day, so nothing planned for today besides a breakfast buffet at our hotel in the morning.

So how did I do? What do you think? Any suggestions? I would love to here it!

Also, if you have any must do’s that we didn’t mention let us know! Also, if you have any insider info (ex. Best time to ride rides, where the best place to sit on rides, little known magical experiences like the Toontown Mailboxes, little nooks in the park like the Tomorrowland to Fantasyland pathway in Magic Kingdom, etc.) Please let me know! We want this vacation to be a magical time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

GiveMeTheMusic

Hey Howdy Hey!

I’m going to my first trip ever in Disneyland in . So I would like to run down my plans to you guys to help make this trip more magical.

I have posted in the past about my trip (Disneyland Dining Help and Disneyland Trip- 2 Days or 3?) and I have been using those, as well as Fresh Baked, The Dis, and other Disney websites to help me plan this trip. It has been in the planning stages for years. It was July 2015 when I decided I was going to go, and then since then I’ve kept pushing it back to experience something (ex. Let’s wait for Fantasmic to open, let’s wait for Main Street Electrical Parade, let’s wait for Pixar Fest). I was going to go for Christmas 2017, but then at the D23 Expo they announced Pixar Fest with Paint the Night returning and I was like, BOOK IT!

I love planning trips, and I have done all of the planning and booking of the trip, tickets, and restaurant reservations. I love my vacations to be busy, and I hate having a time where I’m not doing anything. I love rides, but I also like to take my time to explore the park’s hidden features and details, as well as meeting characters and seeing shows and parades.

Saturday, April 28: We will be flying from NYC at 11am EST, and will land at Orange County at 4pm PST. We will go to our hotel via Lyft (Anaheim Hilton) and unpack our bags and settle in. After that, we will be taking another Lyft to the Shoreline Village at Long Beach. The beach is both our second favorite places in the world (Disney is our first). We will be exploring the shops and restaurants there, and then watch the sunset. At around 8:30, we will take a Lyft back to the Hotel to watch the fireworks from our balcony at 9:30PM. After the fireworks, we will either explore the hotel or go to sleep for a big day in the parks the next day!

Sunday, April 29: Disneyland Park day! We will be waking up early to get to Disneyland for rope drop at 8am that day. We will be walking across the street to the Toy Story Lot to take the bus to the resort, avoiding the $10 a day shuttle our hotel offers. We will be getting MaxPass for the day, so we will rope drop some rides, download MaxPass, and get a MaxPass ride, and then go to the Carnation Cafe for breakfast at 8:50am. After breakfast, we will wing it until about 1ish. At 1 we will take the monorail to Downtown Disney and eat a late lunch at Rainforest Cafe. It’s our first day Animal Kingdom tradition that we carried over to Disneyland! We will then go back to our hotel to take a nap, and then come back around 5, and wing it in Disneyland some more (no park hopper)! We will watch the Pixar Play Parade at 6pm and then immediately go to our Blue Bayou Fantasmic Dining Package at 6:30pm. Hopefully it’s not under construction since Pirates is closed :(. After dinner, we will wing it some more until Fantasmic (9pm), fireworks (9:30pm), and then wing it the rest of the evening at Disneyland! We aren’t sure how tired/jetlagged we will be, and we might leave immediately after Fireworks, but we aren’t sure yet!

Monday, April 30: This is a Disney California Adventure day! We will get to sleep a little more, but not much since we have breakfast reservations at the Surf’s Up Character Breakfast in the Paradise Pier Hotel at 8:50am. When the breakfast is over, we will be going to Disney California Adventure around 10am, when it opens for the day. We will have MaxPass again today, and will wing it around the park until 2:10pm (dinner at either Flos V8 Cafe or Smokejumpers). We have a Paint the Night reservation at Wine Country Trattoria then. After the reservation we will wing it until about 8:45pm, when Paint the Night starts. The park closes at 9pm, so after Paint the Night, we will explore the park until they kick us out, and then exit into Downtown Disney to spend the rest of the night bowling, at the movies, ESPN Zone, shopping, the Star Wars VOID, or whatever we feel like doing. We also might resort hop now, if time.

Tuesday, May 1: This is our final park day, and will be spent at Disneyland Park. There is little plans about this day, as it's our final day to experience anything. Breakfast will be at our hotel, there’s a starbucks inside! The park opens at 9am, but with a 3 day ticket, we get extra magic hours. So at we will get to the park at 8am and ride Peter Pan’s Flight in Fantasyland and maybe Matterhorn. We have no dining reservations today, but we are looking to eat lunch at French Market and dinner at the Plaza Inn. The rest of the day is a wing it. We may spend time riding rides, seeing shows, or even resort hopping or exploring Downtown Disney. There is fireworks on this night, so we have 3 chances to see them, as I know they get canceled often. The park closes at 10pm, and then we are off to our hotel to pack.

Wednesday, May 2: Our flight takes off at 10am this day, so nothing planned for today besides a breakfast buffet at our hotel in the morning.

So how did I do? What do you think? Any suggestions? I would love to here it!

Also, if you have any must do’s that we didn’t mention let us know! Also, if you have any insider info (ex. Best time to ride rides, where the best place to sit on rides, little known magical experiences like the Toontown Mailboxes, little nooks in the park like the Tomorrowland to Fantasyland pathway in Magic Kingdom, etc.) Please let me know! We want this vacation to be a magical time.

Thanks for the help in advance!

I'd skip breakfast at Carnation Cafe. It's just alright, and that's valuable ride time you could use to check several big attractions off your list so you'll know what you'll want to come back to later, or on your third day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom