April crowds

rkelly42

Planning a trip for first week of April 2016. Can anyone enlighten me on what crowd levels are like. I have checked crowd calendars but would rather have first hand accounts.

MissingDisney

Well, it's one week removed from the holiday, but....the first full week in April is the standing Spring Break for many, many northern schools, including ours. Done it many times. So, long story short, it will be busy. Very busy. Go in with a plan, patience and expect your plan to require changes due to crowds. As long as you know and accept that, all good. If crowds freak you out, or the thought of waiting 2 hours for rides does not appeal to you, or waiting 30 minutes or more to order counter service only to find nowhere to sit and eat (the worst!) isn't your thing....maybe another time would be better. ;)

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It is also a popular spring break week for schools in the south. We have been many times the first week of April (including this year) and the parks are pretty busy. But we always have fun!

Upvote 0

ekutchey

The first week in April will be quite busy because of Spring Break and/or Easter Break. The last week in April will be less crowded however Flower and Garden Festival will be at Epcot, which is busy but highly recommend. It is an amazing event to take part in!!

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

I'll be heading to WDW at the end of April and I've heard nothing but good things. For the most part it's right at the end of the school year for schools in the south so parents are more hesitant to take their kids out for a vacation so I'm hoping the crowds won't be TOO horrible.

Upvote 0

tor29c

We were in the World in April 2014, the week before Easter. We definitely noticed it got more crowded on Good Friday but the earlier days in the week were wonderful! Reasonable wait times for rides we didn't have FP+ for (Less than 30 mins). We were even able to get into BoG for lunch. Go and enjoy! The weather is magnificent that time of year!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom