April 27 OI Meetup Transportation Question

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm considering the April 27 OI Meetup. But I have a resort reservation (for now) at WDW starting 4/26. Is it better to drive to it and back? (Obviously, traffic will be light along I-4 between 1-2am after the event is over). Should I Uber? Or maybe a reservation for one night at UOR with my reservation at WDW starting on 4/27. I have no intention of purchasing tix direct from UOR this time. Just doing the meet up.

JoeCamel

I'm considering the April 27 OI Meetup. But I have a resort reservation (for now) at WDW starting 4/26. Is it better to drive to it and back? (Obviously, traffic will be light along I-4 between 1-2am after the event is over). Should I Uber? Or maybe a reservation for one night at UOR with my reservation at WDW starting on 4/27. I have no intention of purchasing tix direct from UOR this time. Just doing the meet up.
If you can do one night at Universal I would. Just don't unpack and then Uber to your WDW digs.

ETA: the OI meetup is a serious fun way to do the parks. No lines, complete access and they feed you! All for about the same as a one day hopper.

JohnD

Original Poster
If you can do one night at Universal I would. Just don't unpack and then Uber to your WDW digs.

ETA: the OI meetup is a serious fun way to do the parks. No lines, complete access and they feed you! All for about the same as a one day hopper.

I just did the 12/15 meetup. For now, I’ll keep my WDW reservation. With a 4/26 check in, I could Uber and back on 4/27 or drive myself.

One night is $100 higher at UOR. Maybe when it gets closer...

JoeCamel

I just did the 12/15 meetup. For now, I’ll keep my WDW reservation. With a 4/26 check in, I could Uber and back on 4/27 or drive myself.

Taylor didn't buy the parks during spring break did he? I don't follow that but that seems like Easter/spring break time.

JohnD

Original Poster
Taylor didn't buy the parks during spring break did he? I don't follow that but that seems like Easter/spring break time.

Sorry? I don’t know Taylor. Rooms at UOR start in the $250/night range. I have a WDW reservation starting 4/26 at POP for approx $150/night. As of now, cheaper to drive to meetup and back or even Uber on 4/27.

JoeCamel

Sorry? I don’t know Taylor. Rooms at UOR start in the $250/night range. I have a WDW reservation starting 4/26 at POP for approx $150/night. As of now, cheaper to drive to meetup and back or even Uber on 4/27.
Taylor Strickland the owner of OI and the force behind buying the parks for the meets. I don't know when spring break is but if the meet is then or Easter its going to be busy. Best time to rent the place for yourself and your friends.

You basically are buying a express pass with food to both parks for 6 hours. What a deal.

lebeau

Taylor Strickland the owner of OI and the force behind buying the parks for the meets. I don't know when spring break is but if the meet is then or Easter its going to be busy. Best time to rent the place for yourself and your friends.

You basically are buying a express pass with food to both parks for 6 hours. What a deal.

Easter is April 21.

My kids have Spring Break the first week of April, so maybe it will be more spread out over the month this year?

Disneyhead'71

Wow, even Aventura is $254. Maybe an off site hotel close to Universal would be an option for one night. Avanti Palms is nice, clean, and quite close to Universal and has rooms starting at $101.15 for the night of 4/26. The pic below is a "Tower Premium King" and is $118.15 for that night.

ap-suites-tower-premium-king-dnu.jpg

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Also check closer and see if Taylor has a block of rooms at discounted prices. He usually does and you can contact him directly. Very responsive to questions.

JoeCamel

Also check closer and see if Taylor has a block of rooms at discounted prices. He usually does and you can contact him directly. Very responsive to questions.
Just saw they do have rooms but the prices are pretty steep. That time of year is not really good for a budget meetup. Could have picked a better time IMO

I am Timmy

We also did the 12/15 meetup. But, by the time it was announced, our Uni time was already booked, as was our DW time. So, ended up leaving Uni Dec. 8th to check in at Pop - and we were still there during the meet up. We ended up using Uber to get there and back, worked out fine. In fact, we're hoping there will be another Dec. meet up this year, definitely don't want to miss one if we're in Orlando!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom