April 27-May 3?

LSUxStitch

I know there is a sweet spot between Easter and Summer for low(er) crowds and I have a 2 week window open where I can break from work without much issues. Do you think a full week after Easter will be enough to have the crowds die down?

It's hard to read the crowd calendars this year, with Easter being so late. I also know that no one can predict the crowds, but wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Edit: also, for 570 dollars...is it really worth spending that much more for Wilderness Lodge over French Quarter? Would be about 95 more a day, but for the "standard view"

Last edited:

JiminyandTink

I know there is a sweet spot between Easter and Summer for low(er) crowds and I have a 2 week window open where I can break from work without much issues. Do you think a full week after Easter will be enough to have the crowds die down?

It's hard to read the crowd calendars this year, with Easter being so late. I also know that no one can predict the crowds, but wanted some opinions. Thanks.

Edit: also, for 570 dollars...is it really worth spending that much more for Wilderness Lodge over French Quarter? Would be about 95 more a day, but for the "standard view"

I've had great experiences with crowds and weather in the last week of April and frist two weeks of May. I was never there that time of year with Easter quite so late, but early May should be fine if you're gone well before memorial day.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
With Easter being so late this year, the spring break crowds will be spread more evenly through March and April. I think there will be a noticeable decrease in the number of guests at the end of April/beginning if May. While there never seems to be a "slow" period at WDW anymore, the time period you are considering will be "slower".

To answer your second question, I really like both WL and FQ. I can't answer for you if the additional cost for WL is worth it. But didn't you recently have a bad FQ experience? If so, the extra money for WL might be well spent so you will have a "fresh start." At WL you have access to 2 pools (the main pool and Villas pool). You can take the boat to MK or the quick 5 minute bus ride. You can watch the Electrical Water Pageant from WL. The rooms have a private patio or balcony. Towels and TP are both thicker (I kid you not). WL has two table service restaurants.

Even some "standard view" rooms on the higher floors face the MK and you may be able to watch Wishes from your room (we did). More often we have been upgraded from a standard to a pool or courtyard view.

But FQ is lovely also.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

We normally go in the first two weeks of May, the weather can be beautiful and the crowds aren't too bad.
MK is still pretty busy but no where near the summer time busy.

Upvote 0

R W B

Dropped in to say, Geaux Tigers!!

Also, I've been the first 2 weeks of May twice and it's always been good.

As far as the resorts, that's going to be on you, I've stayed at French Quarter and really liked it, no drunks stumbling around, no pee smell and no beads made it feel totally different then home! (I live in Nola) But Wilderness Lodge is very nice too, of be happy with either.

Upvote 0

officialtom

We've actually gone for that exact time period before and had a great time! Crowds weren't bad at all. It was a bit warm for us eastern Canadians (we usually go about a month earlier) but other than that, no complaints at all!

We're going exactly a month earlier this year (Mar 27-Apr 3).

Upvote 0

piazza

Great time to go for both weather and crowds. Wilderness is my family's favorite, I would pay the difference and do it, awesome resort and great location!

Upvote 0

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Wow, this thread sort of blew up.

Thank you all for the input. I'm hoping the crowds aren't too bad and I think we are going the way of the Wilderness. :)

Tuvalu,
I think with our experience had at FQ: PO, the wife has the same feelings as you. Something new and not so 'deja vu' feeling ha

Upvote 0

WendyTinkerbell

Just so you know, the Cheerleading and Dance World championship is there April 26-28 this year. May not be a big deal to you, but coming from that world in the past, we were not too excited when we got off the plane and saw the cheerleaders in the airport and on the MDE. On a positive note, we were able to meet with some our friends who were there for the event.

Upvote 0
Lol I'm going the same week too. I know spring breaks change and so does Easter but we've always gone the week after Easter. It's not empty but far from a nightmare, perfectly manageable. Have fun!

Upvote 0

DWLove

I hope it is ok then because there is no turing back for me now, been booked for awhile now April 27-May 2 ad POR. Oh well, if it is bad, nothing you can do about it except go with the flow

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We usually go first or second week of May. It's nice and hot and the humidity isn't too bad, no where near as bad as summer can get. I would pack shorts and shirts and maybe a very light hoodie at night, it can sometimes get cool out once the sun goes down, but it's always been great weather for us!

Upvote 0

piazza

Our first trip in 2009 there was a heatwave and for 10 days the temps never got out of the 90, s. Next three years after the weather has been great

Upvote 0

Mikester71

Loving the feedback you are getting in this thread, LSUxStitch! We have only gone on our Spring Break (middle of March up here) and are planning our first trip, sans kids, next year around the end of April. After looking at when Easter falls and factoring in the Spring Break crowds and the likes, we were thinking that April 20-30, 2015 might be a good time to go and were wondering about weather and crowds ourselves. After reading some of the comments, I am thinking we are making the right decision going then.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom