April 2021 trip

Nate_offroad

Original Poster
Planning a solo trip April 16th - 24th. Anyone going to be down there during that time? Also as many things are being cut from Disney; fast pass, extra magic hours. Is it worth it to stay on property?

PostScott

I havent been since covid started so I guess my opinion isn't as valid as some others on this site, but I'd say that its not really worth staying on property during this time. But hey, this is also coming from a guy who never stays on property so 🤷‍♂️

Daily Magic

I’ll be down during that same time and I’d probably suggest staying off property. No on property perks right now. Aside from being in the bubble there is nothing else you get for what can be double or more the price.

Giss Neric

Planning a solo trip April 16th - 24th. Anyone going to be down there during that time? Also as many things are being cut from Disney; fast pass, extra magic hours. Is it worth it to stay on property?
A solo trip will always be beneficial as you are in control of everything without worrying about others. Just do what makes you happy with your alone time. If you can afford to stay on property, go ahead.

Schweino

Personally, I feel this year is the last year staying on-property will be 'worth it'. With ME going away and magic hours being replaced with early opening, I don't see any major benefit with on-property any more except for park transpo. Different topic though, but leading to my main point..

If you are flying in and plan to utilize Magical Express and Disney Transportation and just spending time around the Disney area, saving money on a car rental/parking makes it worth it. If you aren't flying or renting a car anyways, I'm hard pressed to find value.

Daily Magic

I’d agree with doing whatever makes you happy and fits into your budget. Being inside Disney means the transportation is generally easier.

HarperRose

Personally, I feel this year is the last year staying on-property will be 'worth it'. With ME going away and magic hours being replaced with early opening, I don't see any major benefit with on-property any more except for park transpo. Different topic though, but leading to my main point..

If you are flying in and plan to utilize Magical Express and Disney Transportation and just spending time around the Disney area, saving money on a car rental/parking makes it worth it. If you aren't flying or renting a car anyways, I'm hard pressed to find value.
I agree with this. If you're driving and will be parking a car no matter what, stay off site. If you're flying and plan on using DME, stay on site, solely for the transportation convenience.

MissViv

I haven't stayed off property in years. I LOVE being in the bubble even if it does mean paying more for the convenience!

I fly in and use the Magical Express ( no rental car to deal with) and use Disney Transportation everywhere I go so ....

I only go once a year or every other year so I tend to splurge on the deluxe resorts although last year stayed at POFQ and loved it! But, you can't beat the convenience of Poly or Contemporary for easy access to the parks and great atmosphere if you spend any time at the resorts (which I tend to do). When I was younger, I didn't mind staying in the value resorts because I was at the parks from open to closing and they stayed open late (midnight). Now that I am a senior and the parks closing early, I spend more time at the resort and want a relaxing place to stay.

Just my 2 cents!

Beaks

I'll be there the 12th to the 16th. Both my mother and I have had our 2nd vaccines, so it's time to do this! This may be my last trip with my mother since her Alzheimer's got so much worse during COVID. See you there!
We're staying at Old Key West.

NelleBelle

My mom and I are there the 10-16 as our first "girls only" trip (celebrating her retirement from 46 yrs of nursing)! We're staying on-site, as we typically do, but decided to splurge and stay at YC. We typically rent a car when we go the entire family but since it's just us two, we'll do our last DME trip to the resort and rent a town car for the trip back to MCO. I have no desire to be crowded onto a bus for the return ride. My fingers are crossed that hours are extended but not a big deal if they're not. Hope all the "April trippers" have an awesome trip!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom