Apple Pay to be available at Walt Disney World by end of the year

yaksplat

Bob Iger is on Apple's board of directors, and considering Steve Jobs' ties to Disney, this is unlikely.

I know. I think in general, individuals in high ranking positions should not be able to serve on the board of another company. I believe that it's a conflict of interest.

NFC is not Apple exclusive.
Correct, it's been on many phones for years. If the story was "Disney accepting NFC payments by end of the year" it would be a good thing. But apple will tout their proprietary usage of NFC as revolutionary and Disney will embed it everywhere.

boufa

Correct, it's been on many phones for years. If the story was "Disney accepting NFC payments by end of the year" it would be a good thing. But apple will tout their proprietary usage of NFC as revolutionary and Disney will embed it everywhere.

Much like American Idol, they are locking into a fad that is on its way down. iPhone's have been losing market share steadily for several years. They hold only 40% of the US market and 18% of international. Older iPhones are mostly being replaced with non-iphone devices. Only the iPhone 6 will be using the new system. Good luck on getting that adopted.

My store already has NFC readers on every credit card reader. I don't see them upgrading them.

Ranch Dressing

Not a fan of this Apple Pay development. Its Apple and the arrogance behind the company leads me to believe its a matter of time before someone figures out a security compromise. Give me a Magic Band anyday, those haven't been hacked yet.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My local disney store had their credit card readers upgraded/replaced yesterday accordingly to my source. So it seems there is some work and upgrades involved at least at some disney stores.

Ranch Dressing

:rolleyes: Your ignorance and devotion is shining bright today.

Apple products and software has never been compromised? Please show me where you found this information.

Magic Bands have been compromised? Please show me where you found this information.

I really think you need to look up and better comprehend the meaning of the word ignorance. HTH.

lazyboy97o

My local disney store had their credit card readers upgraded/replaced yesterday accordingly to my source. So it seems there is some work and upgrades involved at least at some disney stores.
Disney Store was also part of the announcement. This is how Apple makes something already available into news, by getting retailers to ensure availability of the terminals.

Apple products and software has never been compromised? Please show me where you found this information.

Magic Bands have been compromised? Please show me where you found this information.

I really think you need to look up and better comprehend the meaning of the word ignorance. HTH.
If you knew what you were talking about then you'd know they're variations on pretty much the same idea. And My Disney Experience didn't have to be compromised, it was just giving out other people's information.

TP2000

I think this sounds like a great idea. I have an iPhone 5S from the phone company, but otherwise I'm using Windows based appliances around my home. This Apple Pay concept would get me to buy a new Apple Watch.

And if I could use Apple Pay at WDW as I'm planning to stay at Universal next visit and don't want to cling to a MagicBand the whole trip, then so much the better.

Ranch Dressing

If you knew what you were talking about then you'd know they're variations on pretty much the same idea. And My Disney Experience didn't have to be compromised, it was just giving out other people's information.

If you could understand the technology involved you would know they are, simply put, not the same kind of technology. Its Apple, Apple has a target on its back because its Apple. There are forums dedicated to hacking Apple technology, and just about all of their worth while products and software has been hacked. You really are that naive to think there wont be a security compromise surrounding this technology somewhere down the line?

ROTFL!

Ive yet to read or hear about Magic Bands or My Disney Experience getting hacked though, or personal information getting compromised my malicious intruders. Apple software though, happens all the time.........

Whats that old saying about ignorance?

DisUniversal

If you could understand the technology involved you would know they are, simply put, not the same kind of technology. Its Apple, Apple has a target on its back because its Apple. There are forums dedicated to hacking Apple technology, and just about all of their worth while products and software has been hacked. You really are that naive to think there wont be a security compromise surrounding this technology somewhere down the line?

ROTFL!

Ive yet to read or hear about Magic Bands or My Disney Experience getting hacked though, or personal information getting compromised my malicious intruders. Apple software though, happens all the time.........

They aren't close to the same thing. You're comparing a worldwide payment system to a rubber bracelet that gets you into a theme park, allows you to wait less for a ride and maybe pick up some souvenirs. Not a lot of motivation to hack that.

glimmerman76

Much like American Idol, they are locking into a fad that is on its way down. iPhone's have been losing market share steadily for several years. They hold only 40% of the US market and 18% of international. Older iPhones are mostly being replaced with non-iphone devices. Only the iPhone 6 will be using the new system. Good luck on getting that adopted.

My store already has NFC readers on every credit card reader. I don't see them upgrading them.

um apple will do one thing with this make NFC more readily available. They actually have 42.2% of the us market and android is at 51.5%. those were current as of today.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

ROTFL!

That you must be the most blissfull individual on these boards....

lazyboy97o

They aren't close to the same thing. You're comparing a worldwide payment system to a rubber bracelet that gets you into a theme park, allows you to wait less for a ride and maybe pick up some souvenirs. Not a lot of motivation to hack that.
Payment systems have information. Your forgetting that the system utilized by the MagicBands is also used for payments, and this goes beyond just those with room charging. Despite what he claims, RFID and NFC are related and a lot of people were hoping that Walt Disney World would include NFC support when they first installed the MyMagic+ equipment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom