App Updated

lostpro9het

Just got off the Dream this morning and will say the app has improved. Considering they’ve done away with paper navigators delivered to the room it needed to be improved. I liked being able to put my name in the queue through the app to see the vacation planner to get our placeholder. You receive a notification when you should head to the desk. I also felt the account balance was more timely and accurate. Seems in the past some charges took a day or two to post.

Janir

Duh, not paying attention to what subforum this was in. I just hit the What's new...
I'll go beat myself with a wet noodle for a while as punishment...

KeithVH

OK. Big question - did they fix/update/improve the messaging function? On our last, it was kinda hit and miss whether you'd get all messages sent or were able to get them delivered.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Just got off the Dream this morning and will say the app has improved. Considering they’ve done away with paper navigators delivered to the room it needed to be improved. I liked being able to put my name in the queue through the app to see the vacation planner to get our placeholder. You receive a notification when you should head to the desk. I also felt the account balance was more timely and accurate. Seems in the past some charges took a day or two to post.
Since you just got off from Dream, can I ask you if you purchased any wifi package? If you did, has it improved? Last time we sailed (last Sept.) we were very unhappy with the price/speed.

Also, no more paper Navigators onboard or just staterooms?

Thanks!

Last edited:

lostpro9het

Since you just got off from Dream, can I ask you if you purchased any wifi package? If you did, has it improved? Last time we sailed (last Sept.) we were very unhappy with the price/speed.

Also, no more paper Navigators onboard or just staterooms?

Thanks!
We normally get the Gb package but this time we were really trying to disconnect and went with the 100 Mb to message back and forth with our daughter. Price hasn’t improved and I cant speak to speed since we were just messaging. No more navigators delivered to the room, they can be picked up at guest services. There is was a BIG push to encourage using the app. It came from all facets.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We normally get the Gb package but this time we were really trying to disconnect and went with the 100 Mb to message back and forth with our daughter. Price hasn’t improved and I cant speak to speed since we were just messaging. No more navigators delivered to the room, they can be picked up at guest services. There is was a BIG push to encourage using the app. It came from all facets.
We bought the Medium Package (300MB) just to contact family via Whatsapp and check our mail. We felt it was too slow considering we did not send any pictures or video. Something must have gone wrong, by day 2, our package had no data left! (?)

Good to know Navigators are still available upon request, some people (like my Dad), might not be tech savy or choose to take a break from their cellphones while sailing.

Thank you for answering my questions :)

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
My wife managed to blow through the biggest data package in an hour. :banghead: Could be some user issues there.
We noticed that there was an issue every time we logged in and logged out, very confusing!
Talked to the person at the connect@sea desk and they refunded half the cost of the package.
Still, I think something went very wrong either with us or the service. We were unable to communicate with family for almost 3 days. 😕

I took a Royal Caribbean cruise about 2 months ago and their wifi packages are not by MB's but just your normal wifi, no limits on data usage. I was impressed, very simple, Just had to log in once and that was it! I found it to be superior in value/speed.

I've heard from others that internet service on DCL leaves a lot to be desired, so I guess we are not alone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom