AP Tracking?

Timothy W.

Original Poster
Wondering if someone else uses your annual pass to get in what happens? I know they have that finger print thing, but was wondering if the finger prints don't line up, do they ask for ID? Wondering if the finger prints are on file or that it's only a gimmic, or do they only trace your prints as you switch parks that day?

Also a side note: Is Space still opening everyday at 1PM? If so are there many people waiting outside Space before it opens? I was going to try to hit this right when it opens so no big lines.

josenk

Your finger "profile" is stored on the card. If the card is new or your holding your figers a little different, then they will ask for ID. If you mess up 2-3 times, they can reset the card and a new profile will be stored.

COProgressFan

If the finger scan doesn't work, sometimes they will just let you through and other times they will ask for ID. I know this becuase my girlfriend's pass NEVER worked for her, from the day she got it...they would reset it nearly every time we visited a park. Mine always worked fine though. Just out of curiosity has anyone else had that problem?

CoP

ruca

I have had trouble with my AP. At first they reset it each time I had a problem, but on a more recent trip, they just let me in when it didn't work. I think they asked for my id once or twice.

JoeDsny

The finger check is actually looking for heat patterns on your finger. Sometimes people have a hard time with this because their "always cold" or something. This affects the reading each time so it never matches up. they might ask you for ID each time...most of the time they dont ..and a warning...if they catch you with someone elses AP...bad news.. you lose it..read the doccumentation that came with it.

Figaro

I also can never get through with my AP. The finger scanner never works for me, but works for DH every time. I've been asked for ID sporadically.

josenk

Out of the 20-30 times I've gone through the gate using the AP, it didn't work 3 times. All three times, I was asked for ID. I'm not really sure why they picked on me??? :dazzle:

Becky

If the scanner doesn't work with your AP and they ask for ID make them also reset your profile.:confused:

Why? if they don't you can not get a fast pass:eek: The reason is the computer does not have you in the park and therefore the fast pass machines will not accept your AP:mad:

Happened to me and they would not reset my profile due to long lines to get in. When I tried to use the fast pass I couldn't. I had to hike over to guest relations where 1. They told me why I couldn't get a fast pass and 2. Reset my profile so that I was now in the park and could get fass passes:D

Eljay

I know someone who borrowed an AP, got IDed when the finger scan didn't match & the AP got confiscated. Not a Disney Day that day for all involved!

XSTech

No finger printing. No finger heat sensing. It reads your fingers' biometrics.

Bio: (prefix) : life : living organisms or tissue
Metrics: a standard of measurement

When you place your fingers in the machine after purchasing a new AP or having it reset, it records the length of your two fingers. The next time you place your fingers inside the biometric reader, it matches the lengths. If they match, you're let through. If not, you're not.

Different CMs will do different things when it doesn't work. Some CMs will just wave you through. Some will try it again. Most, however, will ask to see your ID.

There is quite a good amount of information stored relating to your pass. FASTPASS status is one. Status inside/outside of the park is another, though that's not always accurate. If you use your pass and immediately exit and come back in, it probably won't work. 30 minutes must elapse before the pass can let you enter the park again. The systems also know if the pass has been used already that day and where it was used.

Finally, anyone having any kind of chronic problems with their pass should head straight to Guest Relations and get a new one. They'll have no trouble printing up a new one for you as long as you have your ID. You may even get a new character :p

markc

Originally posted by XSTech
FASTPASS status is one. Status inside/outside of the park is another, though that's not always accurate. If you use your pass and immediately exit and come back in, it probably won't work. 30 minutes must elapse before the pass can let you enter the park again. The systems also know if the pass has been used already that day and where it was used.

The passes aren't quite that complex. Fastpass status really isn't stored on the ticket itself; the Fastpass system just checks with the "local" ticketing system in the park where the fastpass is requested to make sure the pass is valid, and it then stores the number in it's system separate from the ticketing system. It also doesn't contain an "inside/outside" status (unless of course you've entered another park). The 30 minutes between parks is correct though, allthough a CM will happily pass you through assuming the bio metrics are accurate or if you supply an ID.

XSTech

I didn't mean that information was stored *on* the pass. I said it was stored *related* to your pass ;)

Regardless, what you said is correct and what I said was not 100% clear. Thanks for the clarification.

aim

I always have problems with my pass. Every trip, I end up getting a new one. Sometimes I get "carded" haha, sometimes i don't. Sometimes they just let me through. I thought that the scanner scanned your finger bones? :confused: It kind of upsets me when my pass won't work though. Because then, I won't get to use the fastpass system. Unless I can talk to a CM, and only then if they believe me. For some reason I don't think my AP likes Epcot! That's where I have the most problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom