AP/TIW questions

daisyduckie

I'm going to purchase an AP for my next trip once I get to the parks this fall. Is it possible to purchase the Tables In Wonderland card at the same time? And will they give me that card then and there to use during the trip? There will be 6 of us, so the 20% off table service meals would save a ton of money!

nickys

Premium Member
You can buy the AP online in advance, and then buy TiW at the same time you activate the AP. And it doesn't hurt to do the math. Even though TiW does save a bunch, if the places you will be dining at offer an AP discount, then the breakeven on the TiW gets much further away.

Unless you like a drink or two with a meal. That adds up quickly and makes the TIW card well worth it.

Bear in mind that the TIW card has black-out dates. Sadly we couldn't use ours on our last trip (Christmas / New Year).

Upvote 0

Rob562

I think I'm going to buy a 10 day pass and then upgrade once I am there. To give myself a bit more time to save up for it. But thanks for the call out!

OK. Just make sure that the gate price of whatever ticket you get is less than the value of the AP you'll be buying, since you don't get a refund if it's worth more.

-Rob

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

OK. Just make sure that the gate price of whatever ticket you get is less than the value of the AP you'll be buying, since you don't get a refund if it's worth more.

-Rob
With the current prices of annual passes this isn't an issue. We had 8 day tickets and it still cost $400 each to upgrade to AP's. FL Resident tickets may be a little closer but still no chance of the 10 day ticket being more than an annual pass.

Upvote 0

eliza61nyc

With the current prices of annual passes this isn't an issue. We had 8 day tickets and it still cost $400 each to upgrade to AP's. FL Resident tickets may be a little closer but still no chance of the 10 day ticket being more than an annual pass.

lol, Lord knows that's right. I upgraded my 5 day park hopper to an AP and even with the dvc discount I had to shell out a couple of hundred. Jeez louise those things are pricey.

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Unless you go with the Weekday Select pass for around $275 or the Epcot after 4 pass for slightly less.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom