AP Simba magnets all gone at AK

TimeTrip

Original Poster
Just got here about an hour ago and the CMs noted that they're all gone. They won't come back and were "while available" or until Sept 5th.

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. I did a quick check on mobile but it's not the most effective way to search :)

Last edited:

Rider

The line was quite long this morning.
2CA06F11-12ED-4381-9C2F-8E976CC7DA19.jpeg

bclane

Just got here about an hour ago and the CMs noted that they're all gone. They won't come back and were "while available" or until Sept 5th.

Sorry if this was posted elsewhere. I did a quick check on mobile but it's not the most effective way to search :)
Yup, we tried today too. Even went to guest services just to see if they had any and they were all out. Sucks, but at the end of the day, it’s just a magnet. Our entire fridge is basically covered with Disney magnets as it is. At least we had a great day at the park!

bclane

So they have been available for 3 and a half days and they are gone?
Yup. Pretty sad. When we got to the shop they said they had run out 5 min before we got there. We parked at 3:25 pm so it was sometime between 3:40 and 4:00 (if the cast member was right).

AndyS2992

Seeing lots of people raging on social media, it’s only a cheap crappy magnet they give out all the time lol calm down. Okay you missed out on a Simba, but they’ll release another design in a few weeks, the other week it was Minnie I believe. Most people just shove it in a drawer and never look at them anyway.

Cmdr_Crimson

That’s just ridiculous, why even have them if they were going to have so few? My wife will be upset. She’s got a trip planned in a week and a half specifically for the two AP magnets, Simba and Minnie.

Simba is separate from the Minnie magnet available at Epcot.
Honestly, I think they should do what DL is doing for reselling and revoke their AP's due to this nonsense...It's just a magnet you get for free for being an AP holder and now those AP'ers are selling them for $50 to $60!!! That's messed up.

bUU

And just like that....Ebay has a Ton....:banghead:
Another example of the kind of guest behaviors that drive changes in what companies are reasonably able to offer. The next time you wonder why some bit of pixie dust gets gone, remembering clicking that link today and seeing the fpcrazy had more than 40 of them to sell.

That’s just ridiculous, why even have them if they were going to have so few?
They are very deliberately limited edition items - a special bonus for a lucky few - a little bit of extra pixie dust. If the point was to issue one to every AP holder, then they'd just include them in the Mickey Monitor.

Last edited:

starri42

Seeing lots of people raging on social media, it’s only a cheap crappy magnet they give out all the time lol calm down. Okay you missed out on a Simba, but they’ll release another design in a few weeks, the other week it was Minnie I believe. Most people just shove it in a drawer and never look at them anyway.
Can someone explain to a non-passholder why these are such a thing?

tribbleorlfl

I don't know why other Passholders go crazy about them, either. I suspect it's so they can show off their conspicuous consumption to the peasants that can't afford passes.

I don't put mine on my car because they just get stolen, and I don't put them on the fridge because I had one that left a rust stain behind. The only reason I even bother is because I figure my money is going to pay for this "freebie" so I might as well. But as someone else said, they just go in a drawer.

It's a bummer, because I remember when they used to give out things like art prints, lanyards, etc instead of these things.

bclane

They really aren’t that big of a deal, until they run out of them right before you get yours. When that happens, it feels like Disney has now robbed you of your childhood and ruined Christmas apparently because your wife is now mad because you didn’t leave the house sooner and you’re mad because as much as you love AK, you really wanted to go to DHS instead and ride the Falcon a few more times (and ToT while the lines are crazy short). But now (after having a great time at AK actually) you have to go to EPCOT instead for some other dumb magnet which leads you to MK to watch the fireworks when all you really wanted was to go back to Batuu to finally get to try the blue milk and to pretend you’re Han Solo for a little while. Then when the Ratpatooty magnet comes out later you’ll get to do it all again. Awesome!

Last edited:

starri42

I don't know why other Passholders go crazy about them, either. I suspect it's so they can show off their conspicuous consumption to the peasants that can't afford passes.
I work on Long Island, and I see them on cars from time to time. Oftentimes multiple ones on the same cars.

It seems like the Food and Wine ones are the same every year, and yet the vloggers kvell over them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom