AP Room Discounts

devoy1701

I have a question for other passholders and maybe also the Kingdom Konsultants. This is my first year as a passholder so I'm still learning...

I've noticed that there are only passholder discounts available for the Value Resorts and Deluxe Villas right now through May. Will any discounts be coming out for the Moderate or Deluxe Resorts? Were there discounts for Mods and Deluxes this time last year?

Over the fall last year we got a great rate of $99/night for moderate resorts that we couldn't pass up and we're hoping something like that pops up for April/May. What do you guys think? Thanks for your help! :wave:

DisneyJoe

What makes you think the AP discounts are only out for the Values and Deluxe Villas?

It could be that for the dates you are checking that the other resorts are full enough not to need to offer an AP discount.

Its rare that Disney specifies certain resorts or resort types for a discount - last July's Epcot Resorts and SSR springs to mind as the last example.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Original Poster
What makes you think the AP discounts are only out for the Values and Deluxe Villas?

It could be that for the dates you are checking that the other resorts are full enough not to need to offer an AP discount.

Its rare that Disney specifies certain resorts or resort types for a discount - last July's Epcot Resorts and SSR springs to mind as the last example.

I was basing that off of the Special Offers section of the Passholders page. It specifically says Passholder savings on Value Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts. See:

For a limited time, you can take advantage of special rates for Passholders at a choice of select Disney Resort hotels.

Select Disney Value Resorts - $74 per night, plus tax*

For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights Mar 30 - May 21, 2008 in a standard room.
That's a savings of $25 per night!
Additional per adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts - $204 per night, plus tax*

For stays most Sunday through Thursday nights
Mar 30 - May 21, 2008 in a studio room at Disney's Old Key West Resort or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.
That's a savings of $111 per night!
Luxurious accommodations with home-like amenities.

And by the fact that when I did some quick quotes online, I was getting $182/night for each of the Moderate resorts. I haven't called yet for a quote, but when I was booking for the fall, the website had the discount for the Mods listed on the Passholder page.

Upvote 0
We were going to grab one Ap for our stay in mid August. Those dates are not out yet, so i just checked to see if it was worth the money for an AP to get a room discount. We booked a POP room for the second week in Aug for $65.90 without the AP discount. it was the same price for all ten days, weekends too, in a standard room. The mod rate was $119 for the same week. We booked online through AAA, On Disney's web site it was $94 for the same room. If a much cheaper Ap rate comes up ill look into that.

Upvote 0

FBullock

According to Mouse Savers, the AP rates for the next period are:

Value resort (weekdays): $74 plus tax Standard view
Value resort (weekends): $84 plus tax Standard view
Moderate resorts (weekdays): $129 plus tax Standard view
Moderate resorts (weekends): $139 plus tax Standard view
Wilderness Lodge (weekdays): $184 plus tax Woods view
Other resorts and room types are available

Not quite as good as last year.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Original Poster
Thanks for your help so far guys! Next question:

Are the AP rates for late summer (Aug Sept) usually better than those of Late Spring (April May)? If they are, I might just wait until August again to take off for a long weekend.

Upvote 0

peters

We did get an AP discount for the Coronado in April, so there are... or at least, there were discounts in all categories. We just invested in the AP for the first time as well and so far it's paying off. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Rob562

I was basing that off of the Special Offers section of the Passholders page. It specifically says Passholder savings on Value Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts.

Those prices are just "lead in" prices. They're there to either entice you into booking (such as with the Value resorts) or to book at properties that they're trying to fill up (like OKW and SSR).

When AP rates come out, there are almost always discounts in at least some room categories at ALL properties. They just advertise one or two for simplicity. Of course, that doesn't mean that they won't run out of available AP discounts in certain categories. So if you're trying to book an AP rate that's been out for a few months, your selection of resort and/or room type may be limited.

Also note that the Passholder Discount page says at one point:
WDW Passholder Page said:
Other room types are available at varying rates.
Also, to ensure that you get the AP discount when booking online, you have to make sure you use the "Book Online" link on the actual special offer page. You can't get it by going through the main WDW page.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Princess Clayre

Hi there,

I'd try giving reservations a call. I got an AP discount at the WL (not the villas) for the 10th May for a week a couple of weeks ago. There is usually a limited number of rooms as I understand, so don't think about it too long or you might miss out!

Good Luck :)

Upvote 0

DougK

You cannot just go by what is on the Passholder's website, ALWAYS call and ask! You never know which resort/room type will be available. And always check this site and other Disney fan sites for when the AP rates are released. I always find out about it on these sites before it ever appears on Disney's AP website, sometimes DAYS before! And by then many room types are sold out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom