AP or Florida Resident Discounts

dclfan

Original Poster
I am moving to Florida in February and I am anticipating on buying an AP soon after. My question is this. I am planning a trip the last week in May with friends. Does anyone know what kind of hotel discounts AP or Florida Residents have access too on the last week in May? I am trying to anticipate the costs? I am looking into the deluxe resorts? Maybe a 1 bedroom at OKW,SS, WL OR AK?

Thanks in advance.

OneofThree

There are no AP, or resident discounts for May as of yet. Typically, resident discounts run up to 30% off (deluxe resorts), with AP up to 35%. I will say that the availability of resident discounts has been better than for AP, at least in my experience.

dclfan

Original Poster
There are no AP, or resident discounts for May as of yet. Typically, resident discounts run up to 30% off (deluxe resorts), with AP up to 35%. I will say that the availability of resident discounts has been better than for AP, at least in my experience.

Thanks so much for your help. At least they haven't been released yet and I still have time to get down there and officially become an AP holder and Florida Resident lol. 30 or 35% would be a HUGE help if we can score that type of discount.

dclfan

Original Poster
Thanks so much for your help. At least they haven't been released yet and I still have time to get down there and officially become an AP holder and Florida Resident lol. 30 or 35% would be a HUGE help if we can score that type of discount.

Thank you so much for sharing that link. It was very helpful. Historically they have offered the 30-35% discounts for the dates we are looking to go so I will keep my fingers crossed that it turns out to be the same this year. :)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I am moving to Florida in February and I am anticipating on buying an AP soon after. My question is this. I am planning a trip the last week in May with friends. Does anyone know what kind of hotel discounts AP or Florida Residents have access too on the last week in May? I am trying to anticipate the costs? I am looking into the deluxe resorts? Maybe a 1 bedroom at OKW,SS, WL OR AK?

Thanks in advance.

Go to Mousesavers.com. They have the historical dates for AP & Florida resident discounts. However, the Memorial Day weekend may be exempt from discounts.

Don't forget as a Florida resident you can pay for your AP monthly. The first payment when you purchase the pass includes the cost of a single day ticket - think of it as a deposit.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Also does anyone know which rooms/hotels offer 2 bathrooms?

Only the DVC resorts, some concierge suites and family suites at both Art of Animation and All Star Music offer more than one bathroom.

Studios at Poly have a split bath - full bath for one and vanity/shower in the other.

Kidani and Bay Lake Tower are the only DVC resorts that have 2 full baths in a one bedroom villa - and that 2nd bath is small. All other DVC resorts are 1 bed/1 split bath.

Also remember that not all resorts are included in the discount. I believe Bay Lake Towers is usually excluded.

dclfan

Original Poster
Only the DVC resorts, some concierge suites and family suites at both Art of Animation and All Star Music offer more than one bathroom.

Studios at Poly have a split bath - full bath for one and vanity/shower in the other.

Kidani and Bay Lake Tower are the only DVC resorts that have 2 full baths in a one bedroom villa - and that 2nd bath is small. All other DVC resorts are 1 bed/1 split bath.

Also remember that not all resorts are included in the discount. I believe Bay Lake Towers is usually excluded.

Thanks for all of the information. AKL Kidani was actually one of the resorts we were considering so thats great to hear that they offer 2bath in their 1 bedroom villa. I just took a virtual walk through and it looks so nice. :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks for all of the information. AKL Kidani was actually one of the resorts we were considering so thats great to hear that they offer 2bath in their 1 bedroom villa. I just took a virtual walk through and it looks so nice. :)

It is. The 2nd bathroom is small, right as you enter the room. I would imagine the ladies will want the master bath with that amazing tub.

We had a 2 bedroom for the 3 of us -that 3rd bathroom became the "don't you DARE use my/our bathroom if you have to do that" bathroom, if you get my drift. 😉

Plus, parking is underground at Kidani, so no car in the hot sun or dashing to the car getting wet in the rain. Just make sure to carefully read the signs as you enter to make sure you park in the area your room is in - the area (Pumba, Timone, etc.) is given when you get the text/email with your room number. It was a looong walk from where I initially parked my car to the elevator for our section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom