AP Memory Maker Question

NeedSomeHelp

Original Poster
Hello,

As an AP, would it be possible to download photos from a family member's photopass photos, even if the family member does not have memory maker? If the family member would be going to WDW at a different time as the AP but they have allowed access, would the AP be able to download everything connected to their PhotoPass and download them freely?

JaxFLBear

If you have an Annual Pass that includes the PhotoPass download entitlement, you will be able to download photos for anyone listed in your Family & Friends list. If they are connected friends (have their own MDE account), they need to make sure they did not change the option to allow you to view their PhotoPass Pictures.

dreamfinder

The AP entitlement will let the AP holder edit/download any pics that show up in their Photopass Account. So as @JaxFLBear said, if they are setup as connected through Family & Friends and are sharing pictures then the AP can download them.

Rob562

One more thing to add to the above: while the expiration date is extended for when an AP holder's Photopass photos expire in the system, the same does not apply to their friends without APs.

Your friend's photos will still expire 45 days after they were taken, so download them before then.

-Rob

JaxFLBear

One more thing to add to the above: while the expiration date is extended for when an AP holder's Photopass photos expire in the system, the same does not apply to their friends without APs.

Your friend's photos will still expire 45 days after they were taken, so download them before then.

-Rob
The photo expiration date for AP holders will be at least 1 year. This applies to all photos that appear in the AP holders PhotoPass account.

Friends of ours were at Disney 9/25/2016 and I still see their photos online. No passholder was with them at the time.

Rob562

The photo expiration date for AP holders will be at least 1 year. This applies to all photos that appear in the AP holders PhotoPass account.

Friends of ours were at Disney 9/25/2016 and I still see their photos online. No passholder was with them at the time.

Hmmm... I wonder when they made that change, because we've had pics expire that my AP friend could no longer see.
I also could swear that clarification info that came out from Disney when they first added the PhotoPass benefit to AP's was more in line with the non-AP's photos expiring.

-Rob

dreamfinder

Hmmm... I wonder when they made that change, because we've had pics expire that my AP friend could no longer see.
I also could swear that clarification info that came out from Disney when they first added the PhotoPass benefit to AP's was more in line with the non-AP's photos expiring.

-Rob

Don't quote me on this, but I think what happens is that the pic doesn't expire for the AP holder, but will still expire for the non-AP Friend/Family. This is similar to how either party can delete photos, but they will still show up for the other.

JaxFLBear

Don't quote me on this, but I think what happens is that the pic doesn't expire for the AP holder, but will still expire for the non-AP Friend/Family. This is similar to how either party can delete photos, but they will still show up for the other.
This has been what we've seen since upgrading to the Gold Pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom