AP Hotel Discounts

Weather_Lady

How far in advance are the AP discounts typically released for the hotels?
They're usually out at least 2 months ahead. (Standard used to be 3-6 months, but since COVID, it seems like the window has gotten shorter). APH rates are currently listed through 2/18, and were released a couple of weeks ago.

Note that once rates come out for a set of dates, the inventory, and the room categories for which APH rates are listed, may continue to fluctuate. If the rates come out for the time you want and you don't see the room category you want (or that you already booked) offered at an APH rate and you don't want to change to a different room where the rate is offered, keep checking back. I keep an APH search for my dates bookmarked on my web browser, so I can check it every morning with a click.

You probably already know this, but you do not need to already have an AP in hand to book a room at the APH rate. You just need to have it (or purchase it) during your visit.

Last edited:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
You probably already know this, but you do not need to already have an AP in hand to book a room at the APH rate. You just need to have it (or purchase it) during your visit.
Can you expand on this? For example, how would I see the AP rate if I am not currently an AP holder?

Weather_Lady

Can you expand on this? For example, how would I see the AP rate if I am not currently an AP holder?

Anybody can see the APH rates on the Universal website. (Link below.) Go to the page linked below, click "Explore All Passholder Hotel Rates" and enter your dates at the top of the next screen to do a search. If APH rates have not come out for your dates yet, there will be a little red ticker at the top of your search results that says so, and it will show you whatever other rates (Seasonal, Stay More Save More, Savvy Traveler, etc.) are currently offered for your dates instead. Again, current APH rates are out through 2/18, although I'd expect an extension within the next 2-4 weeks.

Last edited:

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
Anybody can see the APH rates on the Universal website. (Link below.) Go to the page linked below, click "Explore All Passholder Hotel Rates" and enter your dates at the top of the next screen to do a search. If APH rates have not come out for your dates yet, there will be a little red ticker at the top of your search results that says so, and it will show you whatever other rates (Seasonal, Stay More Save More, Savvy Traveler, etc.) are currently offered for your dates instead. Again, current APH rates are out through 2/18, although I'd expect an extension within the next 2-4 weeks.

Thank you so much!

Darstarr

In the Parks
No

Follow up question. If I book now and the AP rate comes out later, (looking for Presidents week which is not out yet) will I be able to get a price adjustment?

Weather_Lady

Follow up question. If I book now and the AP rate comes out later, (looking for Presidents week which is not out yet) will I be able to get a price adjustment?
You can modify the old reservation to the new rate if it's for the same hotel (by calling, or via the 'modify' link on your reservation confirmation email) or simply book a new reservation at the new rate and cancel the old one. (Only downside of that method is having to pay a new deposit, and wait for a refund of the initial one, which can take a few days).

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
You can modify the old reservation to the new rate if it's for the same hotel (by calling, or via the 'modify' link on your reservation confirmation email) or simply book a new reservation at the new rate and cancel the old one. (Only downside of that method is having to pay a new deposit, and wait for a refund of the initial one, which can take a few days).
Thanks! I may continue to pick your brain from time to time if that is ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom