AP for out of state

Corylancaster

Sorry if this has been covered recently, but I searched and all the threads I saw where really old....So anyway, while planning my next trip I got to think about the annual passes and the discounts they offer. Has anybody done the math or figured out the cutoff on how long your trip needs to be before it is worth it to buy an AP? We only go once a year since we are from KY, but I figure at some point the savings on the hotel might offset the additional cost of the AP.

DisneyFans4Life

It really depends on how many days you plan on visiting and what AP level you want. If you only plan on doing a week's vacation once a year, then I would say an AP is not worth it. If you plan on doing something like two weeks or coming down to WDW multiple times a year, then an AP may be worth the money for you.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry if this has been covered recently, but I searched and all the threads I saw where really old....So anyway, while planning my next trip I got to think about the annual passes and the discounts they offer. Has anybody done the math or figured out the cutoff on how long your trip needs to be before it is worth it to buy an AP? We only go once a year since we are from KY, but I figure at some point the savings on the hotel might offset the additional cost of the AP.
Hotel discounts for Passholders are typically only 5 to 10 percent cheaper (depending on resort level) than the discounts offered to the general public. The cost of a new AP (with park hopping) is nearly $800 including tax. The cost of a 10 day park hopper is $460 including tax. If you only visit once a year, an AP is not cost effective unless you plan to stay almost 2 weeks, since you would need to purchase a 10 day hopper and a 4 day hopper (which cost more than an AP when added together.)

APs become cost effective when you take multiple trips per year, since Disney no longer offers a No Expiration option on multi-day park hoppers.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom